***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Mads4st8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2021
A) ward is 6'9 so not like some massive gap
B) Only 5 other players in CBB averaged 2+ BLK and 1+ STL per game this season.

tell me this dude wouldnt help ISU?
This dude would, without question, help ISU but he's not a replacement for Ward. Two different skillsets, IMO.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
A) ward is 6'9 so not like some massive gap
B) Only 5 other players in CBB averaged 2+ BLK and 1+ STL per game this season.

tell me this dude wouldnt help ISU?
That's great but you can sell positionless BB all you want but asking a 6"8 wing to defend the 5 isn't a recruiting recipe for success. He's already thinking how he best fits an NBA roster and your ask would 180 from that.

Maybe he's a 3/4 type for US you pair with Momcilovic (both getting around 30 minutes) drastically cutting minutes available to our in-house PF candidates. Before you add a guy that is going to cut into those players minutes you have to be sure he's an upgrade.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
That's great but you can sell positionless BB all you want but asking a 6"8 wing to defend the 5 isn't a recruiting recipe for success. He's already thinking how he best fits an NBA roster and your ask would 180 from that.

Maybe he's a 3/4 type for US you pair with Momcilovic (both getting around 30 minutes) drastically cutting minutes available to our in-house PF candidates. Before you add a guy that is going to cut into those players minutes you have to be sure he's an upgrade.
Isn’t this basically what Ward is?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
found our Ward replacement.

Blount has followed him on twitter for a few weeks now
I do like this get, add the Okie State center Garrison and we could be scary good.

Lipsey Gilbert and Jones play strictly 1/2 minutes and put them on a quick sub rotation to bring our pressure to an even higher level.

Momcilovic and Okani logging around 25 minutes each leaving 30 minutes for our 3 PF candidates.

Garrison gets around 25 minutes Rock 15. Maybe Rock surprises and carves out more?

Indrusaitis is the out of rotation guard option. Biliew or Fish emergency Center. Indrusaitis and Watson could fill in for the wings when needed. Not necessarily all rotation but it would give 11 guys plausible paths to minutes.

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
I do like this get, add the Okie State center Garrison and we could be scary good.

Lipsey Gilbert and Jones play strictly 1/2 minutes and put them on a quick sub rotation to bring our pressure to an even higher level.

Momcilovic and Okani logging around 25 minutes each leaving 30 minutes for our 3 PF candidates.

Garrison gets around 25 minutes Rock 15. Maybe Rock surprises and carves out more?

Indrusaitis is the out of rotation guard option. Biliew or Fish emergency Center. Indrusaitis and Watson could fill in for the wings when needed. Not necessarily all rotation but it would give 11 guys plausible paths to minutes.
You're right, Garrison would be great. He's going to Kansas or SEC, though. McDonald's AA that had a good freshman year. I'd love to be proven wrong but this is punching above our weight in the transfer portal.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013

Omaha Biliew is NOT sticking around to be an "emergency center". I think everyone needs to understand that. Either TJ thinks he will be ready to be a MAJOR contributor next season or a hard conversation will need to be had between TJ and Omaha in a few weeks.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Tre King replacement, possibly with upgrade shooting.
I'm curious as heck when it comes to the portal opening so soon. Here comes the wild wild west NIL player hunting.

1. What was the thinking behind opening it up so soon this year?
2. We have a huge next 2 weeks, need focus. lot to play for yet.....but do we have SOMEONE on our staff that you think is already working on this behind the scenes, not falling behind?
3. Do you think we have to use NIL money just to KEEP people from coming after MILAN and of course any others?? Hope they're committed, but I get that there are those bench guys that will want more playing time.
4. Another Hassan would be huge. And another Tre King warrior. Oh for Pete's sake, I want another of all of them. LOL

Reactions: NENick

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I've been wondering about JT on that too, but from his HS film, he sure moves well for his size. What we're going to miss a lot next year is how Rob, Tre and Hason were able to handle a guard on the perimeter and also help and recover properly. That takes not only good feet, but experience.

Darn good thing, then, JT enrolled early and has had this year to practice (and eat!) and learn under the tutelage of the Big 3. Such a different possibility if JT was still in high school right now.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Omaha Biliew is NOT sticking around to be an "emergency center". I think everyone needs to understand that. Either TJ thinks he will be ready to be a MAJOR contributor next season or a hard conversation will need to be had between TJ and Omaha in a few weeks.
Read more carefully, that's on top of the PF minutes.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Read more carefully, that's on top of the PF minutes.
You referred to Omaha Biliew as an emergency center and in the same breath ridicule people for wanting to slide recruits "out of position". Omaha Biliew has zero desire to play center in the NBA buddy.

If Omaha Biliew isnt a lock in an 8 man rotation he will not be in an Iowa State uniform next year. I truly hope he is back. I think he can make a major leap.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
You referred to Omaha Biliew as an emergency center and in the same breath ridicule people for wanting to slide recruits "out of position". Omaha Biliew has zero desire to play center in the NBA buddy.

If Omaha Biliew isnt a lock in an 8 man rotation he will not be in an Iowa State uniform next year. I truly hope he is back. I think he can make a major leap.
I can't fix your inability to read very short paragraphs.

At 3/4 Momcilovic 25, potential 6'8 transfer wing 25 minutes 30 minutes left for our 3 in-house PF options. Before you get critical take the time to read the WHOLE POST! BILIEW IS ONE OF THE THREE IN HOUSE PF OPTIONS.

Biliew and Fish would be the emergency 5s just like King and Biliew were this year.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I can't fix your inability to read very short paragraphs.

At 3/4 Momcilovic 25, potential 6'8 transfer wing 25 minutes 30 minutes left for our 3 in-house PF options. Before you get critical take the time to read the WHOLE POST!

Biliew and Fish would be the emergency 5s just like King and Biliew were this year.
I guess TJ is going to an 11 man rotation per your breakdown! Applause!

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron