***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
That's a number I think Blum can come up with. Much higher than that, maybe not.
Might be true but if a player is just looking for the highest NIL I don't think TJ will be going after them. Culture fit is one his biggest strengths and a major reason he gotten the them as connected as they are. Cant see the staff bringing one player who's NIL more than the rest of the team's deals combined.
Not referring to Garrison specifically and looks like he'd be an ideal fit and I have no idea what his NIL ask would be, just if any major transfer wanted to come to Ames I don't see them getting a top of the market deal.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Might be true but if a player is just looking for the highest NIL I don't think TJ will be going after them. Culture fit is one his biggest strengths and a major reason he gotten the them as connected as they are. Cant see the staff bringing one player who's NIL more than the rest of the team's deals combined.
Not referring to Garrison specifically and looks like he'd be an ideal fit and I have no idea what his NIL ask would be, just if any major transfer wanted to come to Ames I don't see them getting a top of the market deal.

Totally agree. But I don't think 500k is anywhere near the top of the market for a transfer center.

I have no real info on that, just basing it on what I've heard from Blum, etc. about needing to fundraise for transfer big men.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I definitely agree, and I wouldn't want to bring even a great player in and mess up team chemistry. Give me the overlooked guy who wants to just bust his butt and be part of a winning team every single time.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
found our Ward replacement.

Blount has followed him on twitter for a few weeks now
I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we substituted versatility at the 5 for size. It would be nice to have both, but being able to switch and guard the perimeter seems a lot more important than banging down low in our system.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyValley and Messi

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we substituted versatility at the 5 for size. It would be nice to have both, but being able to switch and guard the perimeter seems a more less important than banging down low in our system.
Yeah our system doubles hard in the paint no matter the opponent so I've always felt height isn't as necessary, but it (and moreso length) helps. I've been curious how that will play out with Rock. I'm assuming he's a bit slower footed than Rob Jones (for sure slower than Ward) but his sheer size may make up for that. But doesn't seem like we'll change our system with how successful it's been.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yeah our system doubles hard in the paint no matter the opponent so I've always felt height isn't as necessary, but it (and moreso length) helps. I've been curious how that will play out with Rock. I'm assuming he's a bit slower footed than Rob Jones (for sure slower than Ward) but his sheer size may make up for that. But doesn't seem like we'll change our system with how successful it's been.
I've been wondering about JT on that too, but from his HS film, he sure moves well for his size. What we're going to miss a lot next year is how Rob, Tre and Hason were able to handle a guard on the perimeter and also help and recover properly. That takes not only good feet, but experience.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
We're looking to replace Ward with a 6'8'' guard?
A) ward is 6'9 so not like some massive gap
B) Only 5 other players in CBB averaged 2+ BLK and 1+ STL per game this season.

tell me this dude wouldnt help ISU?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron