***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
If we see 2 post transfers come in, I have a feeling that is because one or more of the 5 current roster players listed above transfers out.

As another poster speculated, I feel like Momcilovic will play 15mpg at 3 & 15mpg at 4. And IMO if it isn't a 50/50 split, it will lean toward Milan playing the 4. He just seems to create more problems on the perimeter for other team 4's. Also, having Milan playing more minutes at the 4, opens up Watson to be that flex guy who can play 17mpg+ at the 3/4 spots.

Or it’s because we are expecting Milan yo hit the draft after next season

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Wouldn't be shocked if Pavs transfers. Unless he doesn't mind playing 2-3 minutes a game to no minutes against top teams. Nothing against him, I just see Hamilton, Nojus and Pierce as being bigger/more athletic guards to go along with Tamin, Keyshon and Curtis. Where would his minutes come from? Does TJ try to redshirt one of the two freshman guards?

Great problem to have IMO.
Gotta be tough. He's a good player and performed admirably but he's not going to see more opportunity just more competition.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Someone posted Fish has grown 2" now 6'8

I mentioned it a couple of days ago. The remark is based on another posting here from last fall, the best I can recall. So, it could be just talk. I want to be cautious and not spread what could be baseless information. (Hope it's true, though!)

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I mentioned it a couple of days ago. The remark is based on another posting here from last fall, the best I can recall. So, it could be just talk. I want to be cautious and not spread what could be baseless information. (Hope it's true, though!)
20 pounds of muscle is the important add but 2" taller doesn't hurt.

Reactions: CyValley

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I just looked Fish up 24/7 had him at 205 in his recruiting bio.
Cyclones.com lists him at 250.
Is that accurate?

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I realize it's been normalized and is just part of life now in NCAA sports but I just don't like speculating about who will transfer from our teams while they are still playing.

I’m the same. There are several obvious candidates, but no one that I’d consider a lock. If history is any indication, there will be at least 3 transfers out, and at least one of them will be a surprise. We’re probably a year away from worrying about early entries to the NBA, but we’re back to multiple transfers being ok, so it’s always something to keep it exciting.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I’m the same. There are several obvious candidates, but no one that I’d consider a lock. If history is any indication, there will be at least 3 transfers out, and at least one of them will be a surprise. We’re probably a year away from worrying about early entries to the NBA, but we’re back to multiple transfers being ok, so it’s always something to keep it exciting.
Three is way too high. Rotation guys would be crazy to leave unless the Texa$$e$ of the world come with a big bag of cash.

That leaves Paveletzke which makes the most sense. Biliew, Watson and Fish all have clear paths to playingtime unless we add a stud 4. Then Rock, that just isn't happening.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I just looked Fish up 24/7 had him at 205 in his recruiting bio.
Cyclones.com lists him at 250.
Is that accurate?

Holy crap! It was 6-6, 205, correct? Maybe 6-8 makes sense considering the 250?

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I realize it's been normalized and is just part of life now in NCAA sports but I just don't like speculating about who will transfer from our teams while they are still playing.

I sympathize. Fans are gonna fan, though. In this thread, it's all about excitement for the program and what's next. There's always a next.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Then don't. I don't mind though. Doesn't impact the team in any way.:)

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I sympathize. Fans are gonna fan, though. In this thread, it's all about excitement for the program and what's next. There's always a next.
It's gotta be strange as a player to be exposed to all kinds of open speculation about your moving on when you're trying to prepare for the next game.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Honestly I hope Paveletzke does what's best for him. Maybe Momcilovic ends up mainly a 4 and he is better prepared then the newcomers to be in the rotation. But if the writing is on the wall I hope he finds much success.

If we lose noone we'll be ok with adding one post. But if we add a 4 & 5 it could cause a chain reaction.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron