***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Let’s hope Steele is good.

A little humor in the FO willing to **** around and ignore a gold glove 3B with pop who would sign a 1 year deal and be an automatic solution to a position with questions and the opening day 3B has an error and 2 groundouts to 3B.

And extra humor in top of the rotation arms signing 1 year deals and the FO opting to go forth with a questionable starting rotation and your best SP going down 5 innings into the season.

Oh well, FO wanted to **** around, they are now finding out

Reactions: Shawker

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Let’s hope Steele is good.

A little humor in the FO willing to **** around and ignore a gold glove 3B with pop who would sign a 1 year deal and be an automatic solution to a position with questions and the opening day 3B has an error and 2 groundouts to 3B.

And extra humor in top of the rotation arms signing 1 year deals and the FO opting to go forth with a questionable starting rotation and your best SP going down 5 innings into the season.

Oh well, FO wanted to **** around, they are now finding out

I don't find any of that humorous. As far as 3B goes, it's one game, and there was no error given.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Losing your ace game 1 would most assuredly suck, no matter what team you are
Let's not over react, he walked off on his own so it's probably nothing major. Sounds like just a hamstring so maybe he misses a start or 2. But yes had he blew out a knee that would suck.

If this team is in contention in July I would not be surprised if the use some prospect capital on a SP. It looks pretty obvious that staying under the luxury tax for now is the plan so it is what it is. Not sure the roster is quite there yet to go all in and ignore the tax implications so the wait and see approach with the prospect depth will allow them to spend on pitching going forward if they can fill other positions with cost controlled guys.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Fun game. Not the end result you wanted but lots of good things.

Was excited with how our bats looked the first 3-4 innings. Seemed to kind of disappear later in the game.

I’m curious if Hoerner is working on adjustments but he certainly didn’t look like himself

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron