***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Maybe it's just getting first game complaints out of the way, but the ump was annoying both ways tonight. Was incredibly tight the first 6 innings. Lots of down and out pitches that were halfway in the zone were balls. But by the end of the game, they'd be a ball and a half out of the zone and called a strike.

And of course, we were gifted that foul ball. I don't blame the ump missing it but that needs to be reviewable. Such an easy fix.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Let’s hope Steele is good.

A little humor in the FO willing to **** around and ignore a gold glove 3B with pop who would sign a 1 year deal and be an automatic solution to a position with questions and the opening day 3B has an error and 2 groundouts to 3B.

And extra humor in top of the rotation arms signing 1 year deals and the FO opting to go forth with a questionable starting rotation and your best SP going down 5 innings into the season.

Oh well, FO wanted to **** around, they are now finding out

It’s absolutely unconscionable that Nick Madrigal is our opening day 3rd baseman. In a long line of bargain bin bull**** from this FO, this may be the worst. I hope he boots every ball that’s hit to him just to highlight the utter stupidity of those in charge of our roster.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It’s absolutely unconscionable that Nick Madrigal is our opening day 3rd baseman. In a long line of bargain bin bull**** from this FO, this may be the worst. I hope he boots every ball that’s hit to him just to highlight the utter stupidity of those in charge of our roster.
He's up there for sure but have to say Kevin Orie probably holds this designation as worst 3B I've seen the Cubs throw out there.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
He's up there for sure but have to say Kevin Orie probably holds this designation as worst 3B I've seen the Cubs throw out there.
Mike olt or Josh vitters were pretty bleak too but maybe that was more not living up to the hype.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Them boys in Des Moines are playing their opener. Up 4-3 in the 6th, Canario has a HR and RBI single scoring PCA, who was on third after hitting an RBI triple.

The glut of outfielders is a good problem but these guys may force the FOs hand sooner rather than later.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Them boys in Des Moines are playing their opener. Up 4-3 in the 6th, Canario has a HR and RBI single scoring PCA, who was on third after hitting an RBI triple.

The glut of outfielders is a good problem but these guys may force the FOs hand sooner rather than later.
They ended up losing in 11th but..

PCA 2-5 with a Triple
Canario 2-4 with a HR
Caissie 3-4 with a double
Mervis 2-5 with a double

K. Thompson got beat up with a couple BB, a couple hits and 3 earned runs in 1 inning of work.

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Ben Brown getting the call up. Has potential to be a special, special player.

My dream rotation for 2025 is Burnes/Steele/Shota/Horton, would be nice if Brown proves he should be a part of that

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Pro so far - Dansby went deep and a hell of an at bat by Happ

Con - 5 balls over 100 mph off Hendricks so far. First 2 batters of each inning for the Rangers are 6-8. Rangers have a really good lineup but he’s making it easy for them.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Pro so far - Dansby went deep and a hell of an at bat by Happ

Con - 5 balls over 100 mph off Hendricks so far. First 2 batters of each inning for the Rangers are 6-8. Rangers have a really good lineup but he’s making it easy for them.
Hope he proves me wrong but have my doubts on how much longer Hendricks is going to last in the Bigs.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Hope he proves me wrong but have my doubts on how much longer Hendricks is going to last in the Bigs.
Hendricks is washed. I was really hoping we could trade him a year or two ago when we had the chance.

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
Ben Brown definitely a NOT ready for prime-time player. Yeesh, start of the season couldn't be much more discouraging here. Chapman and Montgomery would look pretty good right now. $$$$ for Ricketts :puke:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron