***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Cuas sucks. Send his sorry ass to Iowa or DFA him.

Would much rather give his spot to Edwards, Jr at this point than watch him guess where his pitches are going. He's not helping, and he almost single-handedly lost this game for the Cubs tonight. Hope the message to Counsell was clear enough.

Equals the biggest comeback in Padres franchise history. Sigh....

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Would much rather give his spot to Edwards, Jr at this point than watch him guess where his pitches are going. He's not helping, and he almost single-handedly lost this game for the Cubs tonight. Hope the message to Counsell was clear enough.

Equals the biggest comeback in Padres franchise history. Sigh....
I want Cuas to do well but he is not an MLB pitcher. He has no control on any of his pitches. Throw the ball and hope for the best is not a pitching strategy for an MLB pitcher.

• Winner
Reactions: cyguy9320

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Wowzers. Went to bed thinking that one was in the bag. I'll be shocked if Cuas makes it to Seattle.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Cuas has given up 12 runs his last 13 innings he’s pitched for the Cubs.

I do think it’s notable his role looks to be a bit different. Last night was his first game he didn’t throw more than one inning. His first three appearances this year he got at least 4 outs. Ross primarily used him as a 1 or 2 out guy.

I’m going to guess he either goes back to that role or Riley Thompson is brought up which would mean opening up a 40 spot (Merryweather to 60 day?)

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'm not sure cuas could have been put in a lower leverage spot than he was last night.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Bullpen stats in 10 games:

3/30 @ Rangers - 6 ER
4/3 vs Rockies - 6 ER
4/8 @ Padres - 7 R, 5 ER

This bullpen is ******* atrocious. And what really sucks is Ben Brown could throw lights out tonight but who do you go to in relief?

I get it’s April but ****. Jed has let the bullpen problem fester for a long, long time.

Bullpen is #24 in ERA in the MLB.
And you’re throwing out 3 rookies as SPs. And they seem to be your best options.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Cuas just chucking up meatballs.....and yet they keep going to him.
Dude has wicked stuff that he can't control very often.

On a positive note I think after Taillon and Steele return Brown will eventually become the closer.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Won $700 on Gomes hitting the first HR of the game totally by accident lol. Thought I was doing the Dinger Tuesday promo on FanDuel where you bet on a player to hit a HR and then get $5 back in free bets for every HR hit in the game by both teams. Thought Gomes at 28/1 was crazy value so I put the $25 on it. After placing the bet, realized it was for the first HR of the game and it wouldn’t let me cash out. The 9 hitter pulls through in the top of the 5th in his second at bat! Nice little birthday present for me

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Won $700 on Gomes hitting the first HR of the game totally by accident lol. Thought I was doing the Dinger Tuesday promo on FanDuel where you bet on a player to hit a HR and then get $5 back in free bets for every HR hit in the game by both teams. Thought Gomes at 28/1 was crazy value so I put the $25 on it. After placing the bet, realized it was for the first HR of the game and it wouldn’t let me cash out. The 9 hitter pulls through in the top of the 5th in his second at bat! Nice little birthday present for me
Holy **** man congratulations! That’s awesome. Also happy birthday

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Much better bullpen outing.
There are a lot of good arms in the organization right now. 2 starters are down and now Merryweather. It took some time for guys to find and settle into roles last year too. I think the bullpen will eventually be fine. Probably not great, but good enough to win the division.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
There are a lot of good arms in the organization right now. 2 starters are down and now Merryweather. It took some time for guys to find and settle into roles last year too. I think the bullpen will eventually be fine. Probably not great, but good enough to win the division.
Brown really has looked pretty good in the 2 games I've seen him start as a fill in.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Went to bed early so just watching the game now. Wow, Brown was impressive. What was so impressive to me is at times the control was sketchy and he was hit hard at times but he just kept attacking.

Future rotation looks good.
Steele
Imanaga
Horton
Brown
Wicks
Assad

Really nice balance with 3 lefties.

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone