***Official 2023 Weather Thread***

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Hey, here's an idea, don't watch KCCI. I don't. The only reason I know what they are forecasting is your nonstop ******** about them. Does your tv only get one channel or something?

The NWS publishes ranges. Seems like that ought to end the discussion.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and GT25Ump

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The NWS publishes ranges. Seems like that ought to end the discussion.
With the internet we have more information at our fingertips about weather and forecasting than ever before. I don't understand why anybody relies on a television station for their weather forecast unless you're a boomer with a flip phone and an AOL account.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Meanwhile a CoCoRaHS observer just a couple miles outside Ames measured 4.8" this morning. It's snow. Forecasters can't predict amounts down to the tenth of an inch. That's why the overwhelming majority use ranges.
Someone else said he’s just upset that the KCCI guy said something about climate change, I don’t think it’s actually about the forecast.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
With the internet we have more information at our fingertips about weather and forecasting than ever before. I don't understand why anybody relies on a television station for their weather forecast unless you're a boomer with a flip phone and an AOL account.
Hey now … AOL email accounts work just fine, for certain uses. I use Gmail for most purposes, but I still have my 20-some-year-old AOL account that I use when I have to give an email in order to sign up for things, so all the spam can be sorted off there.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm and wxman1

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Hey now … AOL email accounts work just fine, for certain uses. I use Gmail for most purposes, but I still have my 20-some-year-old AOL account that I use when I have to give an email in order to sign up for things, so all the spam can be sorted off there.
Now it makes a lot more sense that silverhair is in your screen name. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: KidSilverhair

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well it snowed and blew enough I'll have to open things up tomorrow but today is FB.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
No answer. I sad.

If he is talking of Chris Cloninger on KCCI then I have to agree.

The guy is terrible.

His reporting during the August hailstorm was enough for my entire family to never watch TV 8 news again.

• Agree
Reactions: irish

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If he is talking of Chris Cloninger on KCCI then I have to agree.

The guy is terrible.

His reporting during the August hailstorm was enough for my entire family to never watch TV 8 news again.
BUT DID YOU KEEP WATCHING?!!

(For him it's what 3True said and then he'll whine about the cave)

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I’m an ancient boomer and I never watch the local television news anymore unless it’s KCCI in the early morning and I am doing something else that I can’t pick up my phone. Don’t need WHO Hawkeye crap.

I’ve got adult kids all over the place and with the travel situation over the holidays, was pretty weather stressed. Both NWS and The Weather Channel app on my phone were pretty accurate for the five different states I was watching at one point.

I can’t imagine repeatedly watching something I hate. Seems masochistic. I guess I did leave the Tech basketball game on until the futile end though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron