***Official 2022 Weather Thread***

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
what are my odds???? Daycare just asked who plans to come in next two days. I said no to Friday but waiting to see next weather update before saying for tomorrow. 4 yr old is back to full energy but home today while DH and I are dying and IDK if we'll all survive this again tomorrow.
I got the same thing from our daycare, but they are already closed on Friday, so asking about Thursday.

Reactions: cowgirl836

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
what are my odds???? Daycare just asked who plans to come in next two days. I said no to Friday but waiting to see next weather update before saying for tomorrow. 4 yr old is back to full energy but home today while DH and I are dying and IDK if we'll all survive this again tomorrow.
Your wind doesn’t pick up until closer to midday so if you want to get rid of them for a few hours when it is just snowing you should be good.

Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Your wind doesn’t pick up until closer to midday so if you want to get rid of them for a few hours when it is just snowing you should be good.

This is what I like to hear. Really like to make it through my 1pm meeting but IDK.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
cotton-candy-blizzard.webp

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Looking for advice. Hoping to drive from Des Moines up to north Iowa possibly this afternoon/early evening. Any opinions on how bad it’ll be with how the forecasts currently look?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Looking for advice. Hoping to drive from Des Moines up to north Iowa possibly this afternoon/early evening. Any opinions on how bad it’ll be with how the forecasts currently look?

Tonight will likely be better than tomorrow and probably Friday. But it's still not going to be great. The snow is going to get to central Iowa earlier than they thought yesterday.

Reactions: ZZZ

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
My dog wants to get back in the house ASAP in this ****. I have to practically drag him out the door to go to the bathroom.

This thread is a great reminder to spray some PAM on the front porch so your dogs nuts don't freeze to the porch.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Looking for advice. Hoping to drive from Des Moines up to north Iowa possibly this afternoon/early evening. Any opinions on how bad it’ll be with how the forecasts currently look

Just took a couple small trips up by MN border and it’s already started blowing but no new snow yet.

Reactions: ZZZ

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Long time without projections, you all are going to get your coupon allotments rescinded!

So - amounts and level of hell for metro?
3 or 4....ish

But colder then crap and windy. Usual difference of if you have to travel out in the open, there's gonna be trouble, sheltered areas if you want to subject yourself to -30 you can probably do that.

Reactions: Jer and cyfanatic

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Kinda now or never. Before midnight you'd stay out of the wind and cold.

But there will be accumulating snow that will slow it down.

As a Highway 20 native, you couldn't pay me enough to drive that after that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron