***Official 2022 Weather Thread***

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021

So this genius decided that camping on a sandbar was a good idea last night. It seems like any idiot could have walked outside yesterday and felt that it was obviously going to dump a ton of rain somewhere. Not to mention the warnings by the NWS that the northern part of the state could have very heavy rain. The last place anyone should have been was on a sandbar in the middle of a river.
I wondered where Btian Ferentz has his outdoor survival classes.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Rain reports for the last 24 hours. If you see a gap sign up to be an observer!

Interesting but those reading are all over the place near me for what was a pretty widespread and steady rain. Would love to have a property I could gauge but would have to climb up on my roof to get something not heavily impacted by buildings and full grown trees. My roof top is still way lower than the tree tops. Actually, I'd have to cut the trees down AND tear down my house! ;)

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Interesting but those reading are all over the place near me for what was a pretty widespread and steady rain. Would love to have a property I could gauge but would have to climb up on my roof to get something not heavily impacted by buildings and full grown trees. My roof top is still way lower than the tree tops. Actually, I'd have to cut the trees down AND tear down my house! ;)
I use an app called FieldView. When it’s dry, it reads about 1.5-2x what I actually get in the gauges. I think it reads what is in the atmosphere instead of what hits.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
That is crazy pleasant for central Iowa this time of year. And during the state fair no less.

Only thing is that it makes me slightly nervous for harvest this fall. Some late planted fields already and cooler than average August can really slow things down