***Official 2022 Weather Thread***

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Two sites I use from time to time and have been about as accurate as anyone are saying central Iowa is going to get buried in snow (12-18") about a week from now.

@wxman1 faintly hinted at something in the random thoughts thread. I watch out for understatement, that's where the worst news comes from.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I did see on WHO this morning Jeriann did mention "measurable snow" on Wednesday. I guess we will have to wait and see.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I did see on WHO this morning Jeriann did mention "measurable snow" on Wednesday. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Wednesday is fine. As long as we can all get to and from the Kansas game.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
**** I still need to get the blower in to get fixed. Have done carb, plug, fuel lines but still runs like ****.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I love this thread! Chance of snow in the forecast?!
cat-white-cat.gif

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Weather discussion from NWS:

"There is a pattern change in the offing however. After the last aforementioned weak front, our recent extended period of northwest flow will cease leading to short wave ridging Monday, and eventually a transition to southwest flow as a western CONUS trough matures. This will lead to the warmest temperatures we`ve seen for awhile, with highs into the 30s or 40s depending on location. The warm up won`t last long however with the long wave trough progression eventually pushing a front through the Midwest again. This will return colder air, mainly beyond the valid period into next week, but also return precip chances as kinematic and thermodynamic forcing both increase. Details on timing and NW to SE baroclinic zone position are unclear, but deterministic and ensemble solutions all suggest precip of some form returning sometime in the late Mon to Wed window."

I don't pretend to understand all that, but it sounds like a solid "maybe".

That is weather forecasting science in a nutshell, isn't it?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
**** I still need to get the blower in to get fixed. Have done carb, plug, fuel lines but still runs like ****.

Just took mine apart. Cracked the shroud on it and looking to see if I can repair it. Should have gotten the two stage blower out last time.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Just took mine apart. Cracked the shroud on it and looking to see if I can repair it. Should have gotten the two stage blower out last time.
I got mine free from my granda. But he hasn't used it in the last few years since he has had a neighbor plow the drive for him. Its a 2-stage Troy-built with an 8.5hp techumseh. I miss my 44" inch JD blower on the X370, but had no need for it at the new house.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

I normally look at the Weatherstreet link above. Yesterday it had around 12-17” covering central and eastern Iowa. The next run moved the storm track a few hundred miles south. Now it’s back to covering Iowa. Still too far out to call it a forecast. There’s definitely a winter storm due to impact the central US mid-week, it’s just a matter of where.