***Official 2022 Weather Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
We got our first experience with higher energy rates when our January bill arrived this week. We used less energy than last January, and our bill was 2x the amount.

Here is my breakdown from MidAmerican for 32 leading up to 1/10/2022. Scared for next months bill.. (We switched from an electric range to a gas range last month as well)

1643132946253.png

Reactions: throwittoblythe

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Two sites I use from time to time and have been about as accurate as anyone are saying central Iowa is going to get buried in snow (12-18") about a week from now.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Two sites I use from time to time and have been about as accurate as anyone are saying central Iowa is going to get buried in snow (12-18") about a week from now.
Weather discussion from NWS:

"There is a pattern change in the offing however. After the last aforementioned weak front, our recent extended period of northwest flow will cease leading to short wave ridging Monday, and eventually a transition to southwest flow as a western CONUS trough matures. This will lead to the warmest temperatures we`ve seen for awhile, with highs into the 30s or 40s depending on location. The warm up won`t last long however with the long wave trough progression eventually pushing a front through the Midwest again. This will return colder air, mainly beyond the valid period into next week, but also return precip chances as kinematic and thermodynamic forcing both increase. Details on timing and NW to SE baroclinic zone position are unclear, but deterministic and ensemble solutions all suggest precip of some form returning sometime in the late Mon to Wed window."

I don't pretend to understand all that, but it sounds like a solid "maybe".