***Official 2022 Transfer Thread***

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Lol, you are extrapolating a whole bunch of your own thoughts into my very basic observation.

It's a simple fact that some kids will leave their current school thinking they're going to improve their lot, and actually end up worse off. Not my life, don't care if they try, but that's what will happen in some cases.
Lol. Says the guy with a contention entirely based on knowing what a player is thinking, what is best for them, and what they deem as worse off, based on his own thoughts! Exactly why you’re stance is poor.

Just to be clear, you are asserting that sure success of achieving the goal is needed to pursue the goal, other wise it is a “mistake”?

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Doesn't sound like a done deal on Kris Murray returning but it seems very likely he does. Kenyon said it had something to do with the 5-on-5 portion of the combine favoring guards as to why Kris declined the combine invite.

They seem to be targeting Keion Brooks as their backup plan but he will have far better options than Iowa if he does return.
Didn’t Brooks announce he’s not returning to college?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I’d bet Yesefu would like a do-over. Maybe not so much on entering the portal but at least on where he went.
He’s an example of why you SHOULD go to portal Imo. It’s unlikely you’ll lack options.

Playing time risk in those option isn’t portal/transfer specific. Plenty of high school guys would like do-overs because they were able to land a scholarship at a place they weren’t good fits for in terms of PT.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Lol. Says the guy with a contention entirely based on knowing what a player is thinking, what is best for them, and what they deem as worse off, based on his own thoughts! Exactly!
Yes, you are right. Every single player of the thousands that have entered the portal have improved their lot. You win.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Yes, you are right. Every single player of the thousands that have entered the portal have improved their lot. You win.
Lol, so you see your hypocrisy. Good. Someone adjudicating players making “mistakes” in transferring is placing their thoughts onto others.

Is “improving one’s lot”, needed for it to not be a mistake in entering the portal? Nope. That’s the contention.

You implied there were a material amount of “mistakes” being made, and followed that up with it being based on whether goal being achieved. Seems like taking exceptions and blowing it out of proportion, while also passing your thoughts as to what is a mistake

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
<--------

Stop the mistake or no mistake debate. Nobody is going to 'win', and it is annoying to the rest of us.

• Winner
Reactions: dafarmer

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Lol, so you see your hypocrisy. Good. Someone adjudicating players making “mistakes” in transferring is placing their thoughts onto others.

Is “improving one’s lot”, needed for it to not be a mistake in entering the portal? Nope. That’s the contention.

You implied there were a material amount of “mistakes” being made, and followed that up with it being based on whether goal being achieved. Seems like taking exceptions and blowing it out of proportion, while also passing your thoughts as to what is a mistake
No, I see that you are into arguing, no matter how dumb the semantics

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
He’s an example of why you SHOULD go to portal Imo. It’s unlikely you’ll lack options.

Playing time risk in those option isn’t portal/transfer specific. Plenty of high school guys would like do-overs because they were able to land a scholarship at a place they weren’t good fits for in terms of PT.
This doesn’t make any sense re my post you quoted.

Reactions: tailgateguy

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Oh, okay. Some on here have said there are several players that will exit the draft yet. And if other schools have already got their guys, I suppose Fran could still pull a good one out of his hat?? He's fortunate that Kris Murray declined the invite. Cuz I think he would have got drafted second round. But just my worthless, non-analytical opinion. lol

Could be. Could also be that some team really liked him during a tryout and promised to draft him in the late 1st or 2nd round. Told him to shut things down so other teams couldn't evaluate.

Strange logic, but maybe the situation is good or guarantee of 2 way deal or team is targeting Keegan in top 7.

• Agree
Reactions: Nococy

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Could be. Could also be that some team really liked him during a tryout and promised to draft him in the late 1st or 2nd round. Told him to shut things down so other teams couldn't evaluate.

Strange logic, but maybe the situation is good or guarantee of 2 way deal or team is targeting Keegan in top 7.
That would be a really stupid thing to do.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Per verbal commits 818 players in the portal have committed to a new school. 878 have yet to commit to a school.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron