King/Kunc
Ward/(Whoever else we get at the 5)
Minutes played:

Williams
Green
Holmes
Kunc
Osun (if he Mr Pablo is correct)

King may not be more talented than Enaruna, but hopefully he'll play more. Ward is an upgrade over Jones.
Gabe, Grill, and Lipsey off the bench better than Grill and Jackson. Watson is the wildcard. Can he use King's absence to be a factor?

Improve at two positions, a step back at another, and we'll see what Williams does. Deeper too. More athletic frontcourt, less athletic backcourt.

cyc26

Nov 24, 2020
Minutes played:

Williams
Green
Holmes
Kunc
Osun (if he Mr Pablo is correct)

King may not be more talented than Enaruna, but hopefully he'll play more. Ward is an upgrade over Jones.
Gabe, Grill, and Lipsey off the bench better than Grill and Jackson. Watson is the wildcard. Can he use King's absence to be a factor?

Improve at two positions, a step back at another, and we'll see what Williams does. Deeper too. More athletic frontcourt, less athletic backcourt.
I think it will be interesting to see how the guards all shake out. We will be very old/experienced at that position and will be interesting to see if any of the 3 freshman can crack the lineup and see some consistent mins.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Yes, though I think that people guessed that they might be a package deal, but I have never seen any real confirmation of that.
I read a Gator site. The author seemed like a “Chris Williams” type. He said they wanted him as a backup, apparently their starting center is considered pretty good. I would think he does not want to transfer as a backup for his final season. Who knows - money talks.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
I read a Gator site. The author seemed like a “Chris Williams” type. He said they wanted him as a backup, apparently their starting center is considered pretty good. I would think he does not want to transfer as a backup for his final season. Who knows - money talks.

I am not in the know about how TJ is selling the position at ISU, but I wouldn't think he would be a guaranteed starter here either.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
I read something similar in the comments on Twitter from Gators fans. The thinking is Osun would be coming off the bench there. Wonder if he’s not okay with that.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Pretty good is an understatement. It would have been like if we tried to recruit current Nijel Pack to back up Monte Morris here

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I don't see TJ not starting a PG, and Holmes, Gabe and Green are all combo Gs, not PGs
Agree. I think Williams must start. Not sure who is the backup. I think Lipsey is a couple years away. Green might slide over - if he comes to ISU. Might be backup by committee.
I think The guard rotations could be quite interesting - lots of experienced guys.
Holmes, Gabe, Grill and Green (hopefully).
If we get a solid “5” position he will start. If not, we may play a lot of situational small ball. Jaz and Tre King will be pretty solid. Jones improved a lot through the season. I admire his grit, but not B12 starter material / imo.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Agree. I think Williams must start. Not sure who is the backup. I think Lipsey is a couple years away. Green might slide over - if he comes to ISU. Might be backup by committee.
I think The guard rotations could be quite interesting - lots of experienced guys.
Holmes, Gabe, Grill and Green (hopefully).
If we get a solid “5” position he will start. If not, we may play a lot of situational small ball. Jaz and Tre King will be pretty solid. Jones improved a lot through the season. I admire his grit, but not B12 starter material / imo.
When Jamie was in KXNO a couple weeks ago and the discussion dealt with Hunter's surprise transfer. Jamie was pretty definitive that Williams role had changed since his original recruitment and that he would step into starting PG spot.

Spot minutes could fall to Holmes. He appears to have a solid handle. With all our guard experience, even without Green, I wouldn't be afraid to test Lipsey early at PG since not all the ball handling or running offense would fall on him as Williams, Holmes and Kalscheur could all run help against pressure.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron