***Official 2021 Vikings***

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
The didn't have the healthy pass rushers on the line to run a 4 down front with Hunter hurt and Griffen ill.

The definitely don't have the pass rushers at the LB position to run a 3-4. Especially with Barr all but assuredly not being on the roster next year.

I don't care which way they go, but they need to find pass rushers either way.

Nobody in the NFL runs a 3-3-5 base defense. Its not even a thing. Works in college, but as it can be torn to shreds by a super accurate QB as we witnessed when that Texas Tech QB was dropping dimes. Problem is, most NFL quarterbacks are dropping dimes. Plus, you need good pass rushers either on the DL or LB area anyway.

Not really sure how you see an alignment change as being the solution to the Vikings pass rush.
Health would be one fix! Gotta be some scheme changes somewhere though I'd expect. The performance of the D seemed worse than the personnel the last 2 years.

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
The sportswriters wanted Harbaugh, because he's Harbaugh. Always drama and goofiness from him. A sportswriter's dream... a media circus, if you will.
Clearly the Vikings wanted a younger coach and one they thought can help with team chemistry and innovation. Time will tell if it works.
I don’t think it will.

I wanted harbaugh because I thought he would be capable of retooling and making what we have work to win the north the fastest. Plus his track record of getting the most of Alex smith and the 49ers and Kapernick with 3 or 4 NFC championship runs.

I don’t know anything about O’Connell and if he ends up being the guy, I’m expecting results in season 1. No excuses.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Harbaugh reminded the Wilfs to much if Zimmer and that is why they got scared away of picking him.

Life is hard when you’re Vikings fan and that is all I know.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Yeah it sounds like Harbaugh thought he had it in the bag and the Wednesday interview was just a formality. Who knows how much of the smoke was coming from his camp and how much was coming from the Vikings. Certainly there was interest on both sides, but it appears one side was more into it than the other

I was told by a friend of mine that has connections to Harbaugh through family that Harbaugh was told by someone in the organization that the in-person meeting on Wednesday was just a formality. Things were going good until the afternoon when the Wilfs let him know that they still had another person they wanted to talk to. That's when Harbaugh decided to take his name out of the running.

My buddy had sent me a text on Sunday night that it was 99% that Harbaugh was going to the Vikings. So I think Harbaugh thought the Vikings wanted him and it was up to him to decide if he wanted the job.

Basically, Harbaugh thought the job was his when he went there on Wednesday but the Wilfs had other ideas and treated it like any other interview and that killed it for Harbaugh.

I do think it's odd that almost immediately after word came out that Harbaugh said he was staying at Michigan that news broke that O'Connell was going to be the choice.

That tells the Wilfs had decided on O'Connell before the Harbaugh interview and were maybe just seeing if Harbaugh blew their doors off.

Reactions: Mr Janny

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Not sure why I didn’t think to post this earlier, but there is a Vikings app available through Roku. Probably other devices also I’d assume. Anyway, lots of stuff on there about KAM right now.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Yeah it sounds like Harbaugh thought he had it in the bag and the Wednesday interview was just a formality. Who knows how much of the smoke was coming from his camp and how much was coming from the Vikings. Certainly there was interest on both sides, but it appears one side was more into it than the other

Jim has a history of being an ego maniac. I’m assuming that turned them off especially if O’Connell had a great interview.

If I’m not mistaken he turned off Pollard as well.

• Winner
Reactions: ClonesInDallas

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Jim has a history of being an ego maniac. I’m assuming that turned them off especially if O’Connell had a great interview.

If I’m not mistaken he turned off Pollard as well.
Supposedly his interview with ISU was a **** show.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-ben-affleck-sad-smoke.2x.w710.jpg

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

Vikings are trying to convince the league that they are keeping Kirk. The thought is to drive the selling price of Kirk higher for teams in desperate need of an upgrade at QB. Listen to the Purple Daily podcast for a more detailed explanation.

Basically, if you announce now that you want to move on from Kirk. You will get little to no value from him in a trade. Announcing that you want to keep him should eliminate low ball offers.

We want a first or early second! Look at the STATS!!

Reactions: Aclone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Vikings are trying to convince the league that they are keeping Kirk. The thought is to drive the selling price of Kirk higher for teams in desperate need of an upgrade at QB. Listen to the Purple Daily podcast for a more detailed explanation.

Basically, if you announce now that you want to move on from Kirk. You will get little to no value from him in a trade. Announcing that you want to keep him should eliminate low ball offers.

We want a first or early second! Look at the STATS!!
There's probably a lot of validity to what you're saying, but every Vikings fan should be prepared for Kirk to be under center, come September, because that's still a very plausible outcome as well.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
There's probably a lot of validity to what you're saying, but every Vikings fan should be prepared for Kirk to be under center, come September, because that's still a very plausible outcome as well.

At a reasonable cap number... I am ok with this. But signing an extension with him will make me puke at first

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I always say, who the hell else we going to get? Kirk is still a top 12 QB in the nfl