***Official 2021 Vikings***

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I would rather see Wonnum get some playing time. With all of the injuries and absences on the d line last year, it was a rough year for a rookie end to break in, but I thought Wonnum showed some potential. I'd like to see him out there with Hunter, Tomlinson and Pierce, and see what he can do.
I think the long term answer is going to be either Wonnum, one of the two ‘21 draft picks emerging…or we wait for the ‘22 draft.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I would rather see Wonnum get some playing time. With all of the injuries and absences on the d line last year, it was a rough year for a rookie end to break in, but I thought Wonnum showed some potential. I'd like to see him out there with Hunter, Tomlinson and Pierce, and see what he can do.

Purple Insider podcast has talked about him a couple of times. That'd be a HUGE boost to Minnesota's depth. As the roster sits today.. You would have to assume that Anthony Barr will be asked to give some pass rush as well

Reactions: Mr Janny

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011

2021 moves I'd make:

1) Restructure and extend Harrison Smith
2) Extend Brian O'Neil
3) Go get another pass rushing d-lineman for sub packages

Vikings are young and ready to take the division if Rogers leaves GB

Checking off item 3 without restructuring an existing contract either means Sheldon isn't asking for much or a another shoe is about to drop

Reactions: Aclone

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
2021 moves I'd make:

1) Restructure and extend Harrison Smith
2) Extend Brian O'Neil
3) Go get another pass rushing d-lineman for sub packages

Vikings are young and ready to take the division if Rogers leaves GB
1. No
2. Yes
3. Wait and see.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
1. No
2. Yes
3. Wait and see.
Agree on all. Smith contract is up after this season. I wouldn't extend him beyond next season, unless you can give yourself an out in the contract. His production isn't likely to get any better and is more likely to fall off.

Yes, they need to keep O'Neill around. He has improvements to make in pass blocking, but he's one of the better run blocking tackles in the league. Considering the offense, that's something you want.

I am hoping they have a good pass rushing end already on the roster with one of the three they've drafted in the last two years. I guess if Everson wanted to come back on the cheap for spot duty, I'd be cool with that, but outside of that, see what you've got. Patterson knows how to develop edge talent.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Agree on all. Smith contract is up after this season. I wouldn't extend him beyond next season, unless you can give yourself an out in the contract. His production isn't likely to get any better and is more likely to fall off.

Yes, they need to keep O'Neill around. He has improvements to make in pass blocking, but he's one of the better run blocking tackles in the league. Considering the offense, that's something you want.

I am hoping they have a good pass rushing end already on the roster with one of the three they've drafted in the last two years. I guess if Everson wanted to come back on the cheap for spot duty, I'd be cool with that, but outside of that, see what you've got. Patterson knows how to develop edge talent.

Harrison has never been a deva about his contract and I wouldn't imagine him asking to be a top paid safety right now. Hometown discount hopefully

I bet O'neil's pass blocking gets better when Wyatt Davis is next to him as a rising tide lifts all boats.. The poor guy has to face Smith and Mack 4 times a season.. I bet the rookie LT get's those matchups in 2021

Sounds like Sheldon Richardson is close to coming back on a 1 year deal. He's nt very good in run defense but can generate A TON of pressure from the interior

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Love it. Great fit Bring him in to spell Pierce or Tomlinson on passing downs. Maximize his strength (QB pressure) while minimize his weakness (run defense)

Very complimentary to the other tackles on the roster

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and Acylum

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Love it. Great fit Bring him in to spell Pierce or Tomlinson on passing downs. Maximize his strength (QB pressure) while minimize his weakness (run defense)

Very complimentary to the other tackles on the roster

Short yardage d-line could go Richarson (293), Tomlinson(315), Pierce (329) and Hunter (255)... That A LOT of BEEF. Almost feels like Rick/Zim are trying to recreate the WIlliams wall on the interior

I wonder how much cap space is left for O'Neil's extension

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
Don't sports bet all that often but I've accumulated about $250 of free bet on DraftKings and just placed it on the Vikings to win the division. Have a good feeling about the Vikings this season. Defense is stacked and plenty of playmakers on offense. We'll see what happens.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Don't sports bet all that often but I've accumulated about $250 of free bet on DraftKings and just placed it on the Vikings to win the division. Have a good feeling about the Vikings this season. Defense is stacked and plenty of playmakers on offense. We'll see what happens.
That's dangerous. As a Vikings fan I've learned that as soon as you are optimistic, they let you down. However, once you're frustrated and give up, they are worth following again.

My hopes are up. I fully expect the team to disappoint. It's a paradox that only Vikings fans may fully understand.

I guess your bet is free at least.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
That's dangerous. As a Vikings fan I've learned that as soon as you are optimistic, they let you down. However, once you're frustrated and give up, they are worth following again.

My hopes are up. I fully expect the team to disappoint. It's a paradox that only Vikings fans may fully understand.

I guess your bet is free at least.
Vikings have been breaking my heart for over 50 years.

Help Support Us

Become a patron