***Official 2021 Selection Sunday Thread***

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Ended up with SDSU in my elite 8 and UConn in my final 4. Which probably means my bracket will be a mess day 1

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I ended up with all #1s in my final four and Illinois over Gonzaga in the championship. I know, so plain. Lol

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
My bracket ended up being pretty chalk, Final 4 of Gonzaga, Baylor, Illinois and Bama with Gonzaga beating Illinois

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
There are gonna be one or two 1/2 seeds that don't make it past the Round of 32. Most likely candidates are Iowa and possibly Baylor? I think UNC would give them absolute fits and I've seen and eye-opening amount of 'experts' pick UNC to beat Baylor on the CBS site.

I also have LSU beating Michigan. Livers being out for Michigan is gonna be a huge deal IMO.

My Elite 8:

Gonzaga over Oregon
Arkansas over Baylor
Florida State over Alabama
Illinois over West Virginia

Gonzaga over Florida State
Illinois over Arkansas

Illinois over Gonzaga

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
What happens when you are the lowest 2 seed.

In the default font for this site "LOWEST" in lower case looks just like "IOWEST." It even has an E for the Team Out East.

lowest = lowest

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I’m incredibly high on OSU. Most exciting team in the B12. Huge upside in this tourney.

Oklahoma State was fun to watch, but they got beat inside and outside against Texas in the Big 12 championship. They need Cunningham to show up with his game for both halves of tourney games.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Perhaps mentioned previously in thread - seven schools from Texas in the tournament, a record # for the state, according to CBS Sports:
Abilene Christian
Baylor
Houston
North Texas
Texas
Texas Southern
Texas Tech

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
At first glance this should be an exciting year. Not only for the unknowns of COVID interruptions and replacement teams, but I'm also not seeing as many obvious picks for Round of 64 upsets.

Nonetheless, I'm really looking forward to watch Tech and Utah St get after it. That should be a fun one.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There are gonna be one or two 1/2 seeds that don't make it past the Round of 32. Most likely candidates are Iowa and possibly Baylor? I think UNC would give them absolute fits and I've seen and eye-opening amount of 'experts' pick UNC to beat Baylor on the CBS site.

I also have LSU beating Michigan. Livers being out for Michigan is gonna be a huge deal IMO.

My Elite 8:

Gonzaga over Oregon
Arkansas over Baylor
Florida State over Alabama
Illinois over West Virginia

Gonzaga over Florida State
Illinois over Arkansas

Illinois over Gonzaga

Baylor's just not the same post-Covid pause. Not undeserving of a 2 seed but they look like they've lost their legs and edge.

• Winner
Reactions: dahliaclone

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Baylor's just not the same post-Covid pause. Not undeserving of a 2 seed but they look like they've lost their legs and edge.
Post covid they won on the road at West Virginia, then smoked Tech and Okie St at home, not exactly struggling after the pause either.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Post covid they won on the road at West Virginia, then smoked Tech and Okie St at home, not exactly struggling after the pause either.

Not struggling but didn't look as dominant or playing 'downhill' like it seemed to start with.

Maybe a week of no games/rest will be a good reboot for them.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
They were bad the first week back, played well week 2, beating #6 WVU in Morgantown and beating OSU by 11 in Waco, then week three looked slow again.

Friday/Sunday will be a month since they got back on the court. Its not impossible that they can return to the team that beat Illinois by 12 on a neutral court.

Help Support Us

Become a patron