***Official 2020-2021 Transfer Thread***

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Pretty close to the same. Him being here wouldn't have made Steve suddenly learn to coach

The hate on Prohm is going a bit too far imo. He had faults but guard development and play was his strength, Bolton was 3rd team all Big 12 last year. Wheeler playing a true PG role for ISU thus moving Bolton to SG would have helped the entire team the past two years.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
The hate on Prohm is going a bit too far imo. He had faults but guard development and play was his strength, Bolton was 3rd team all Big 12 last year. Wheeler playing a true PG role for ISU thus moving Bolton to SG would have helped the entire team the past two years.
I suppose that's a fair point to make, and we'd probably be a tiny bit better. I don't think it would have been enough to change how things went here though. Ignoring the what ifs, like if he transfered out after 1 season or whatever, i don't think he would have been good enough to get us into any kind of kind of postseason. 2 years ago we would have had to shave off something like 6 losses to have a shot and thats a lot to ask from one single freshman. Last year we never had a chance. And then you still have Steve's awful in game coaching and terrible program culture to contender with. So like sure, maybe we lose 17 and 18 games instead of 20 and 22. Don't think Steve's still around after that anyways. My point is that one player wouldn't have changed the course of the train wreck we were on under Steve

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015

I don’t think I’d hate this guy with the last scholarship. 37% from three, 6’7 but listed as a guard so gives you some flexibility with the lineups, grad transfer so only here 1 year to free up a scholarship for the 2022 class. From Chicago and played at Simeon with THT. Started his career at UNLV but before Otz was there.

• Useful
  • Informative
Reactions: t-noah and Messi

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

I don’t think I’d hate this guy with the last scholarship. 37% from three, 6’7 but listed as a guard so gives you some flexibility with the lineups, grad transfer so only here 1 year to free up a scholarship for the 2022 class. From Chicago and played at Simeon with THT. Started his career at UNLV but before Otz was there.

reminds me of Bowie

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Lard not being a head case would have also helped. So would Wiggs staying, THT staying, Tyrese not getting injured and staying, Foster not getting injured and Hinson not getting injured. But all that stuff happened and here we are. Hopefully TJ will be blessed with more good luck than bad. Because with the talent that was kept with what he has bringing in.....if he can get some good luck(no injuries)and coach them up......next year is a tourney team.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I think once Fletcher signs this will be the level of guy we are looking for. The battle for playing time is already getting real. Need some practice/end of bench/team guys at that point.
I agree I think. On a recent podcast Stanz mentioned how he’s not super comfortable about the backup PG situation and I feel the same way. But with Lipsey and King coming in 2022 and Hunter likely starting from day 1, we’d pretty much have to find a guy who’s fine with using his super senior year to come off the bench for a team with a low tournament chance so I’m not holding my breathe. I really hope Walker or Jackson take a big step up.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Lard not being a head case would have also helped. So would Wiggs staying, THT staying, Tyrese not getting injured and staying, Foster not getting injured and Hinson not getting injured. But all that stuff happened and here we are. Hopefully TJ will be blessed with more good luck than bad. Because with the talent that was kept with what he has bringing in.....if he can get some good luck(no injuries)and coach them up......next year is a tourney team.
Steve should never have let cam and wig live together.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I would have thought that also but they keep posting JJ in all of those twitter videos. They have not posted much with Tre
I mean his come here wave on the yoga video looked like he was having fun. Also, the fact that the player told the coach means they weren't expecting it to happen, so I don't think we can take twitter posts from the last couple of days into account.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron