NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Celtics basically looked ready for this level of playoff basketball, Bucks not so much.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Celtics basically looked ready for this level of playoff basketball, Bucks not so much.

Bucks and Nuggets are in similar situations. Elite talent and elite record, not elite experience. Nuggets ran into a more seasoned playoff opponent in the first round, Bucks going to have to do the same thing now.

I hope the Bucks can do it because the NBA is more interesting to me when it's not just historically successful franchises doing well.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Bucks and Nuggets are in similar situations. Elite talent and elite record, not elite experience. Nuggets ran into a more seasoned playoff opponent in the first round, Bucks going to have to do the same thing now.

I hope the Bucks can do it because the NBA is more interesting to me when it's not just historically successful franchises doing well.

Agreed. Very casual NBA viewer but give me the small market teams any day especially in the era of the super team.

To me the Celtics look like a bad matchup for the Bucks.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
**** the celtics. A bunch a pampered players who whine all game while throwing cheap shots and playing dirty. Marcus Smart and Marcus Morris are former Big XII scum and then you have spoiled Duke princesses like Tatum and Irving. Not to mention Boston fans are completely insufferable. I hope Giannis puts up 60 tomorrow.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
That Rockets Warriors game almost became unwatchable with the incessant ******** and flopping by players from both teams. I like the NBA, but that was a lousy display for the showcase game of the weekend. I get it - the officiating wasn't very good. But these guys are pros and it shouldn't have gotten in their heads the way it did.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
**** the celtics. A bunch a pampered players who whine all game while throwing cheap shots and playing dirty. Marcus Smart and Marcus Morris are former Big XII scum and then you have spoiled Duke princesses like Tatum and Irving. Not to mention Boston fans are completely insufferable. I hope Giannis puts up 60 tomorrow.

Horford controlled the game and kept Giannis from getting into a groove. Even Baynes did a credible job against him for a few possessions.
Still a lot of series left but I wonder if the Celtics just have too many big bodies to throw at Giannis. Very curious to see how he responds in Game 2.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
That Rockets Warriors game almost became unwatchable with the incessant ******** and flopping by players from both teams. I like the NBA, but that was a lousy display for the showcase game of the weekend. I get it - the officiating wasn't very good. But these guys are pros and it shouldn't have gotten in their heads the way it did.

Unwatchable? That was a great finish and fourth quarter.

Great to see Harden not get a foul call on every three he jacks up. I understand giving the offensive player the right to land, but you can't get within 5 feet of him given how he flails forward.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Unwatchable? That was a great finish and fourth quarter.

Great to see Harden not get a foul call on every three he jacks up. I understand giving the offensive player the right to land, but you can't get within 5 feet of him given how he flails forward.

It was a very competitive game and an exciting finish, but I thought it was marred by poor officiating and an even worse reaction to it by the players and coaches.

To be fair, I don't like watching the Rockets brand of basketball all that much anyway.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I don't feel sorry for the Rockets and Harden. A big portion of their offense is to try and draw fouls and make free throws. That strategy is similar to Mad Fran as well.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It was a very competitive game and an exciting finish, but I thought it was marred by poor officiating and an even worse reaction to it by the players and coaches.

To be fair, I don't like watching the Rockets brand of basketball all that much anyway.

I don't like the Warrior's brand either, might be why I only saw the last 25 seconds.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I don't feel sorry for the Rockets and Harden. A big portion of their offense is to try and draw fouls and make free throws. That strategy is similar to Mad Fran as well.

I can't stand watching Harden play. His flops, push offs, travels and ball carrying when he dribbles annoy me to no end. Thing is, if he would just play the game and only occasionally pull those stunts he would still be an all star. He has incredible talent.

I think that it is funny that if you Google "carrying the ball" the first hit is a Wiki page with a picture of James Harden carrying the ball.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Harden tried too hard on the last shot of the game to draw a foul, but there were at least three times prior to that in his normal shooting motion that Thompson came under him and didn't allow him to land. It is supposed to be called a flagrant foul because it's extremely dangerous, yet it was never called. Then there was at least two more instances where a three point shooter was hit on the wrist/hand without a call. The Rockets were rightfully angry about the officiating because the same fouls were called against Houston.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUAlum2002

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Harden tried too hard on the last shot of the game to draw a foul, but there were at least three times prior to that in his normal shooting motion that Thompson came under him and didn't allow him to land. It is supposed to be called a flagrant foul because it's extremely dangerous, yet it was never called. Then there was at least two more instances where a three point shooter was hit on the wrist/hand without a call. The Rockets were rightfully angry about the officiating because the same fouls were called against Houston.

Is Harden allowed to jump 2 ft forward on his shooting motion? Thompson only has to let him land vertically.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Is Harden allowed to jump 2 ft forward on his shooting motion? Thompson only has to let him land vertically.
Not if Thompson is jumping forward towards Harden, which he was every time.

Harden jumps slightly foward, like every single other shooter in the NBA.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Not if Thompson is jumping forward towards Harden, which he was every time.

Harden jumps slightly foward, like every single other shooter in the NBA.
Video for proof

By the way, that is a very experienced NBA referee talking about how they are fouls

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron