NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
If I'm Zion I pull an Eli Manning to San Diego type "I'm not going there" campaign. Absolutely refuse and force someone like the Knicks to move up. I don't think anyone has that power anymore though.

I see one way the Pelicans win their post-AD with a Happy Zion situation:
Trade away AD to the Knicks. Get mega assets like the Knicks/Mavericks picks and DSJ or Knox. Use the #1 pick on Zion, use the #3 pick on RJ Barrett.

Holiday, DSJ, Barrett, Zion, Randle. I mean, not bad for NO which is not a free agent destination. Then you have other assets like Knox and the Mavs picks. Again, not bad.

I think they will be able to get better packages than that for AD. I'd ask for all that but both Knox and Smith as well as Mitchell Robinson from New York. If the Lakers will move their #4 pick plus Ingram, Hart, Kuzma and Ball that probably tops that. See if Boston will move Tatum + picks and maybe Hayward as an intriguing add on if you think he will really bounce back this season. Get crazy, ask Philly if Simmons is available. Don't get an offer you like, take your shot on selling Davis again now that you suddenly have a much brighter future.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I think they will be able to get better packages than that for AD. I'd ask for all that but both Knox and Smith as well as Mitchell Robinson from New York. If the Lakers will move their #4 pick plus Ingram, Hart, Kuzma and Ball that probably tops that. See if Boston will move Tatum + picks and maybe Hayward as an intriguing add on if you think he will really bounce back this season. Get crazy, ask Philly if Simmons is available. Don't get an offer you like, take your shot on selling Davis again now that you suddenly have a much brighter future.
I think the Pels should keep AD and you have until the trade deadline to show him you aren't a trash team anymore. If you still suck deal him at the deadline for the best offer, which will still be there. Maybe not a king's ransom but you'll still get something good.

Free Agent PG (Pat Beverly or Ricky Rubio?), Holiday, Zion, AD, Randle. Be in the 3-5 seed playoff race in the West and you might be able to convince AD to stay.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Best chance to keep Zion happy is to deal AD to the Knicks for #3 pick and assets. Draft teammate Barrett.

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I wonder if Zion will sign with Klutch Sports as his agent. That'd make for an interesting mess - Zion, Lebron, and AD all repped by the same agent plus Lebron's former GM and ally David Griffin running the show in New Orleans.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I think the Pels should keep AD and you have until the trade deadline to show him you aren't a trash team anymore. If you still suck deal him at the deadline for the best offer, which will still be there. Maybe not a king's ransom but you'll still get something good.

Free Agent PG (Pat Beverly or Ricky Rubio?), Holiday, Zion, AD, Randle. Be in the 3-5 seed playoff race in the West and you might be able to convince AD to stay.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Colin Cowherd said yesterday a current/former player said KD to Knicks is done and he's already making calls to "recruit" players.

Stephen A has said so too. How many times over the last 20 years have we heard the Knicks were going to get the superstar? I'll believe it when Durant actually signs.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Stephen A has said so too. How many times over the last 20 years have we heard the Knicks were going to get the superstar? I'll believe it when Durant actually signs.
Cowherd did play a snippet from a guest he had on the show that is writing a book on KD. He said yes KD to the Knicks is a "done deal" now but he noted KD could easily be swayed to change his mind at the last minute. So yes, until it happens there is skepticism, especially when KD is known to make decisions on the fly.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

Lol at the spacing with that lineup.

• Funny
Reactions: Sigmapolis

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Has to be a demoralizing loss for Toronto. Bucks shot like crap, Lowry played out of his mind and Bucks still win. Nurse really ran his starters into the ground tonight as well it looked like to me. They were gassed in the 4th.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

I’m not sure the Lakers have enough to trade for him. I didn’t realize a couple of things last night. Ingram’s surgery makes him difficult to trade and that people think this is a three player draft, making that 4th pick not so valuable.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I’m not sure the Lakers have enough to trade for him. I didn’t realize a couple of things last night. Ingram’s surgery makes him difficult to trade and that people think this is a three player draft, making that 4th pick not so valuable.

They might be better off for it in the long run if they can't facilitate a trade. If AD wants to be in LA that badly he can just sign there as a free agent after next season and it won't cost them a single asset.

Make a best and final offer for him now and if New Orleans says no then tell them to take a hike.

There's no sense in gutting the roster now just to have Lebron and AD surrounded with scrubs.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Has to be a demoralizing loss for Toronto. Bucks shot like crap, Lowry played out of his mind and Bucks still win. Nurse really ran his starters into the ground tonight as well it looked like to me. They were gassed in the 4th.

Yeah, Kawhi was coming up short on a lot of his shots last night. I think he and the other starters didn't have much left in the tank by the fourth. Nice comeback win for the Bucks on a night when Giannis was just ok, not great.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Yeah, Kawhi was coming up short on a lot of his shots last night. I think he and the other starters didn't have much left in the tank by the fourth. Nice comeback win for the Bucks on a night when Giannis was just ok, not great.
Agreed. Plus bucks won’t shoot 25% from 3 again I don’t think.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Agreed. Plus bucks won’t shoot 25% from 3 again I don’t think.

And I saw on twitter 77% of the jumpers they took last night were classified as wide open looks (no defender within 6 ft). They are a good shooting team getting just the looks they want. To shoot that poorly and get the win, they have to feel real good going forward.

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy and jbindm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron