***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Thank you both for the clarifications.

I guess my bitterness about the McNeil thing hasn't totally subsided.

I really should listen the the Cranberries and not have let it linger.

The fact he ended up being a bad player makes me feel just fine about it.

It is not like we lost a good one.

Wright IV would have been an excellent player for us, but that was more about Wigginton than McNeill.

• Agree
Reactions: aobie and jcyclonee

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Well that's an interesting destination. Good for him.

@GoodmanHoops
BREAKING: Purdue transfer Nojel Eastern has decided to transfer to Howard University, source told
@stadium. Kenny Blakeney has now landed a Top 20 freshman in Makur Maker and also one a high-major transfer in Eastern. Incredible job by Blakeney.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Surprised to see late additions to the transfer portal and glad to be banking a scholarship just in case

He might be seeing the writing on the wall with the MWC canceling football. Plus New Mexico’s governor had asked New Mexico to cancel fall sports already a few weeks ago. Seems like they’re going to be one of the more cautious places when it comes to athletics and covid.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
hes not a grad transfer in the portal. no idea what his eligibility will be

Gotta be a grad transfer. Played two seasons at Towson, sat out, and then played one at New Mexico. Good size and assist numbers. Looks like he lost his three point shot when he went from Towson to UNM. Would be a nice addition, especially if they’re not feeling good about a Harris waiver or some freshman contributing.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'd have a lot of reservations about adding someone right now unless they were an absolute game changer.

This winter may be at risk. What does that do to our roster?

Guessing our Seniors won't want to come back for a sixth year if the season is canceled. But???

The 5 Juniors are the major question. 4 of the 5 would be able to redshirt and could cause a serious log jam with our available schollies.

Even if the NCAA grants some type of temporary waiver to allow additional scholarships do you really want that as it could hinder the classes we are recruiting now?

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Gotta be a grad transfer. Played two seasons at Towson, sat out, and then played one at New Mexico. Good size and assist numbers. Looks like he lost his three point shot when he went from Towson to UNM. Would be a nice addition, especially if they’re not feeling good about a Harris waiver or some freshman contributing.

he’d be smart to head closer to home. Almost a lock for a waiver if he plays that card

Reactions: BigCyFan

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

One would think Zane announcing his transfer this late in the year he expects to be able to play next year due to finishing up summer classes or as Messi metioned chosing a school close to home to get the waiver.

In general I'd be curious to see if Prohm is looking to add a guard at this point, like you said could give us a hint on how they feel about the waiver situation and were the freshman are at.
I am sure the staff believes in the freshman but they haven't had a normal offseason in Ames (or OUS trip) to get up to speed as other classes have.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
hmm, it’s not like we pushed him out IIRC.
It honestly looks like everyone is getting a waiver. I think with the uncertainty surrounding the season, everyone should. It's not like you're going to make a transfer sit the 2021-2022 season if this upcoming season is cancelled. Might as well give everyone eligibility.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Good for Caleb... Seemed like a good teamate and get's to play for Otz like he really wanted. Think he'll have a better chance to thrive in the MWC than the Big 12.

(Obviously helps the optomism that Harris and Hinson will get theirs too. which is now the important news in the announcement)

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I assume he played the “closer to home” card
giphy.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron