***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I believe if that were the case, considering he was enrolled in the fall, he'd have to sit out one semester. So it has to be for another reason.

From the practice reports about him I think he could sell it was a “run-off” waiver and ISU would definitely have supported it.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
From the practice reports about him I think he could sell it was a “run-off” waiver and ISU would definitely have supported it.
pretty sure leaving before sitting on the bench in an exhibition game is the definition of being run off.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I believe if that were the case, considering he was enrolled in the fall, he'd have to sit out one semester. So it has to be for another reason.
He wasn't even practicing with the team when the season started. He never played a game so it was either that or he used the run off excuse which I'm sure ISU supported if that was necessary.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Has there been a waiver approved that has not been location based?

I don't know the details but someone around here posted Rothstein tweets referring to a couple different players getting "run off waivers", his words.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I don't know the details but someone around here posted Rothstein tweets referring to a couple different players getting "run off waivers", his words.
It has been reported by multiple national CBB writers that "run off" waiver requests when supported in some fashion by the departed program are practically 100% approved and quicker than other requests.

I recall the NCAA creating the so-called Tim Floyd rule back in the late 90s where schools couldn't sign like more than 5 recruits in a given year to help prevent players from being run off. Obviously that rule no longer applies.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
seems like every waiver approval has been due to proximity to home or is a HM player going to a MM or LM. Harris allegedly has the run off card to play, but i've yet to see that approved for a HM to HM player

Memphis is a MM in the American. That is probably the best MM conference and is better than the Pac-12 in some years and Memphis is one of the better programs in that conference to the point of being "tweener" program, but it is what it is.

Cincinnati is in basically the same boat, for comparison.

This is a MM to a HM.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I haven't been keeping up with Harris or Hinsons waiver situations, is the NCAA slow playing us or is it not looking promising?

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Memphis is a MM in the American. That is probably the best MM conference and is better than the Pac-12 in some years and Memphis is one of the better programs in that conference to the point of being "tweener" program, but it is what it is.

Cincinnati is in basically the same boat, for comparison.

This is a MM to a HM.

alright, i dont want this thread to turn into a what school / conference isnt a mid major vs high major

my point was rather that Harris is probably one of they better kids in the transfer 2020 cycle thats going to play the "run off" card

WVU doesnt care to admit they ran off some 3 ppg player that ended at EKU. Is Penny going to willingly sign off on agreeing he ran off a 10 ppg local kid?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
alright, i dont want this thread to turn into a what school / conference isnt a mid major vs high major

my point was rather that Harris is probably one of they better kids in the transfer 2020 cycle thats going to play the "run off" card

WVU doesnt care to admit they ran off some 3 ppg player that ended at EKU. Is Penny going to willingly sign off on agreeing he ran off a 10 ppg local kid?
We hope so!

Reactions: Sigmapolis

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Neither. Just takes time.

Harris announced he was leaving Memphis on 4/19 and committed to ISU on 4/25

For reference - Bolton left PSU on 4/26 last year, committed to ISU on 5/28 and waiver approved on 9/24

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I think so because I think he was.

Reactions: CyPunch

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I think so because I think he was.
im not disagreeing he was run off, i just question whether penny is going to admit to that given hes already got NCAA eyes on him

is running off a kid illegal? no i dont think so. Does the ncaa like it? probably not

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

But I do! :D

High-Major
---
ACC
Big 12
Big East
Big Ten
Pac-12
SEC

Mid-Major
---
A-10
American
Missouri Valley
Mountain West
WCC*

At least, that is what I generally assume.

*Yes, I know that conference is really unbalanced between three good programs in Gonzaga, BYU, St. Mary's, and a lot of trash, so team quality in there is very... bimodal... but I think those three warrant its inclusion. It is probably the weakest of the above.

Reactions: Snydes and Messi