***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
On the paywall,CW gives his info when he gets it. So you get early info. It is nice to get early info but I am doing because I want to support the business. If you are able to give up 10/20 $ a month I recommend giving it a shot for at least a month or two.

Is it basketball specific? Kind of tired of the fade from basketball to constant focus on football lately.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So any news on Gach? What are the chances we can get him?
All I've heard is that there are two heavy favorites being us and Minnesota. Obviously I have bias here, but I truly believe we're sitting better with him due to playing time.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
On the paywall,CW gives his info when he gets it. So you get early info. It is nice to get early info but I am doing because I want to support the business. If you are able to give up 10/20 $ a month I recommend giving it a shot for at least a month or two.

I guess I would be more willing to pay if they had better sources in the past. Nothing against them, it just seems they didn't have much info to pass on before we already had it in the free area.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
All I've heard is that there are two heavy favorites being us and Minnesota. Obviously I have bias here, but I truly believe we're sitting better with him due to playing time.

It's been said, but Marcus Carr returning to MInneapolis as expected is something I would prefer to happen soon. Would really help our case imo.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
if ISU misses on Gach i wouldn't hate adding this kid

JUNIOR (2018-19) – Started 24 of 32 games played, ranking fourth on the team with 7.3 points per game and second on the team with 2.9 assists per outing…carried a 2.4 assist/turnover ratio, which would have ranked third in the Pac-12 if he’d averaged 3.0 assists per game…highlight of his season came against USC (Feb. 2), where he scored a career-high 18 points in a career-high 35 minutes…added 7 assists and no turnovers in the outing…also added a career-high 3 steals…scored in double figures nine other times, including three-straight games of 15, 17 and 11, respectively against Cal Poly (Nov. 19), Delaware State (Nov. 24), and CSUN (Nov. 27)…added a career-high 6 rebounds against CSUN.

PRIOR TO WSU – Spent two years at Eastern Florida State College in Brevard County, Fla., where he averaged 16.9 points and 4.8 assists per game…averaged 28.2 minutes in 70 games played, starting 69 of those games…shot .426 from 3-point range (230-for-540)…during his two seasons, set the school record with 230 career 3-pointers and scored 1,182 points…as a SOPHOMORE, was named to the NJCAA Division I All-America second team and was the Mid-Florida Conference Player of the Year, averaging 17.9 points and 4.7 assists while hitting at a .401 clip (113-282) from 3-point range…his 113 made 3-pointers ranked fourth in NJCAA Division I…helped lead the Titans to a 30-5 record and a third-place finish in the NJCAA Division I National Championship Tournament.

HIGH SCHOOL – Attended John Polanyi Collegiate Institute and BTB Prep, both in Toronto…while with the JPCI Jaguars, highlighted prep career when he scored 103 points, including 23 3-pointers, against C.W. Jefferson in December of 2015…joined former NBA player, Denham Brown as the only Canadian players to eclipse the century mark in a game…following his time at JPCI, averaged 22 points and seven assists while shooting 45 percent from 3 for BTB Prep…graduated in 2016.

Reactions: Statefan10

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
So are we after anyone else besides Gach? I’m or do we have to pay for that information now?

Is there significantly more basketball intel on this paywall? There does appear to be more focus on football on most paywalls I've seen.

One cheeky question here, one sincere, but I believe a single answer will satisfy both.

The premium membership here on CF is not centered around recruiting info. It's an initiative to pivot the company away from a strict reliance on ad-generated revenue. Premium member-only message boards are included, much of which is the usual suspects of topics. The same recruiting target information tends to come available on the public boards, but as a premium member you do get behind-the-scenes looks into the recruiting process itself.

As for the focus per sport, the basketball transfer market is obviously the hot topic right now, though what football news is to be had this time of year certainly is present too.

For me personally, the selling points to become a premium member are straight-forward:
  • No Ads
  • a weekly Insider blog/video from C-dub
  • a dark theme on the forums
  • a 'dumb' reaction option - still waiting for the first chance to use it
  • a koozie!
For the complete rundown of options, read here: https://cyclonefanatic.com/2020/04/announcing-a-new-business-model-initiative-at-cyclone-fanatic/

-----

Now back to recruiting, seems like Gach's twitter follows are about all we have to go on right now, and considering that's recently Prohm, Niang, and Monte, I'd say that's good news. You can't get better Cyclone ambassadors in your ear than those two.

Last edited:
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
https://www.startribune.com/gophers...both-gach-return-home-to-minnesota/571161602/

Any updates on Utah transfer Both Gach’s recruiting status? – Dan Chang

marcusfuller_1591808628_bothgach.jpg

A: I’ve been hearing the former Austin High standout is still unsure where he wants to go but could announce his decision as early as next week. Gach’s top five schools in no order are Minnesota, Maryland, Creighton, Iowa State and Auburn. The 6-foot-7 guard was testing the waters for the NBA Draft, but he could boost his stock for next year's draft if he returns to school. Playing immediately is his goal for college. If he transfers close to home, the chances of the NCAA granting him a waiver to be eligible in 2020-21 are heavily in his favor. The Gophers make sense in that regard. It also makes sense that Richard Pitino badly wants Gach to stay old in the backcourt. Gach has two years of experience playing in the Pac-12. He averaged 10 points for the Utes last season, which included a 19-point performance in a win vs. the Gophers. Gach’s versatility, length and athleticism would allow him to play all three perimeter spots and defend them as well. Seems like the perfect fit.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

sit 1 play 1

Nike Sibande, 6-4, 183 pounds, SG, Jr., Miami (Ohio)
Sibande has put up big numbers all three seasons with the RedHawks. He averaged 15.1 points as a freshman, 16.1 as a sophomore and went for 13.9 last season

Nike Sibande, 6-4, 185, G, Jr., Miami Ohio
Stats: 13.9 ppg, 5.9 rpg
Scout’s take:
“Big time athlete, volume scorer.”
Schools: Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Georgetown, Xavier

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'd need to see a list of who they have let in first.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
this means Joe is coming back to Fayetteville and they kicked this kid to curb
Yep, similar situation to Harris. They landed Justin Smith and were suddenly over the limit and sent him packing

Tom Buch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Who does Iowa have that we want? Let’s go for the double whammy.