***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Jamarius Burton released his Top 5 schools and Iowa State was not on it (Marquette, Seton Hall, Xavier, Ohio State, Texas Tech).

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Good thing we already have a Point Forward on the team. We can still add Gomez and a PG, when the PG goes to the bench Gomez can play the 1 spot while Johnson plays Point Forward.

This is the Point Forward that was 104-269 (38.6%) from the field and had 48 assists to 50 turnovers in 28 games in sophomore year at Troy (Sun Belt). This isn’t Royce or Niang but rather a slightly better version of Talley. He will absolutely be a piece but pronouncing it isn’t a issue because we have a great point forward again is delusional. The lack of a 1:1 asst/to ratio should concern you if you actually believe he will be starting the offense on a regular basis.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This is the Point Forward that was 104-269 (38.6%) from the field and had 48 assists to 50 turnovers in 28 games in sophomore year at Troy (Sun Belt). This isn’t Royce or Niang but rather a slightly better version of Talley. He will absolutely be a piece but pronouncing it isn’t a issue because we have a great point forward again is delusional. The lack of a 1:1 asst/to ratio should concern you if you actually believe he will be starting the offense on a regular basis.

People on here still whine that Wigginton got screwed out of playing the PG position somehow even if his career A:T while in college was 141:141.

Yes, it was exactly 1:1 while he was a Cyclone.

Information does not always work on people.

Reactions: Acylum

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

You must not have been able to comprehend the part where I said the PG goes to the bench. Meaning he wouldn’t be our “starting Point Forward”. Even though I’m sure it’s impossible he got any better practicing against our starters all year, he’s still capable of playing spot duty as the Point Forward if he needs to.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
People on here still whine that Wigginton got screwed out of playing the PG position somehow even if his career A:T while in college was 141:141.

People also like to say Bolton wasn't that good this year when he put up almost identical stats compared to Wigginton's last year.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
People also like to say Bolton wasn't that good this year when he put up almost identical stats compared to Wigginton's last year.

Bolton and Wigginton are freakishly similar in both the traditional statistics and the advanced efficiency metrics. Going from LW to Bolton is about as close to a one-to-one replacement as you can realistically do with college basketball players like that.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
You must not have been able to comprehend the part where I said the PG goes to the bench. Meaning he wouldn’t be our “starting Point Forward”. Even though I’m sure it’s impossible he got any better practicing against our starters all year, he’s still capable of playing spot duty as the Point Forward if he needs to.
No, he’s just not comprehending where you supported the contention we have a Point Forward, as you never did!

I agree with both of you. I’m optimistic Johnson or another forward will help with pg duties, but realize we don’t have much prior supporting material for that optimism.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
No, he’s just not comprehending where you supported the contention we have a Point Forward, as you never did!

I agree with both of you. I’m optimistic Johnson or another forward will help with pg duties, but realize we don’t have much prior supporting material for that optimism.

I was just going off of Prohm raving about his passing(mostly), athleticism to defend 1-4, and his ability to shoot. I’d assumed other people heard him say that.

I don’t think he’s the second coming, but we’ve had a lot of transfers the majority of this board thought were underwhelming and they turned out pretty good and actually all are in the NBA now(I believe). Weirdly people seemed somewhat excited about Nixon and Jacobson, but there weren’t a lot of positive reviews about them during the season or Capital City League like Johnson and some of these other sit outs we’ve previously had.

Sometimes having a better supporting cast than what you had at smaller schools makes a huge difference.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

You know I’m not one of those guys. Wiggington was much better off the ball.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Bolton and Wigginton are freakishly similar in both the traditional statistics and the advanced efficiency metrics. Going from LW to Bolton is about as close to a one-to-one replacement as you can realistically do with college basketball players like that.
Wigginton would have averaged 16+ on this years team. Only reason why his numbers were similar to Bolton’s was because that 2018-19 team had so many scoring options.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron