***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
If Prohm could coach, he’d be able to get about whoever he wanted IMO.

After Halliburton gets drafted in the top 10 picks, Prohm will have like 9 players he’s coached playing in the NBA. Normally that would have kids lining up to play for you, but not when you’re coming off a terrible season and staring at another terrible season in the face where you have little chance of making the tourney again.

Kids want to win and play in the tourney.... especially transfers with only a year or two left to play.

Kids want to get to the league.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
26% from 3, thought we had that covered?
So you're saying he's only going to shoot 21% from 3 his first year here?
26% from 3, thought we had that covered?
I wouldn’t be too concerned with his 3pt shooting. He only averaged about one 3pt shot per game. That’s not his game. Dude is a classic power forward who can’t be pushed around. He is a two-year starter at Indiana who averaged over 30 minutes a game. Smith would be a huge get for ISU. From what I hear, they will be in the mix.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I wouldn’t be too concerned with his 3pt shooting. He only averaged about one 3pt shot per game. That’s not his game. Dude is a classic power forward who can’t be pushed around. He is a two-year starter at Indiana who averaged over 30 minutes a game. Smith would be a huge get for ISU. From what I hear, they will be in the mix.
If JC-L is an inside the park home run, Smith would be an out of the park walk off home run for Prohm and the staff. Take the rest of the summer off gentlemen!

Reactions: Snydes

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Sounds like a good get, but nothing like Nader as described above his, "mirror image basketball wise".

Reactions: WhoISthis

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Indiana basketball fans are clueless morons, they are the basketball equivalent of husker football fans
Ouch!

In their defense, they were critical even before he transferred:

Smith has more offensive detriments than just his shooting. He just takes up space on offense in the halfcourt. His lack of ball-handling skills makes him reliant on others creating opportunities for him, but Smith makes no effort to move without the ball. We have seen some instances of him deciding to take the ball to the rim with authority and using that massive vertical jump to leap over everybody and throw down a dunk. Why that doesn’t happen more is a mystery to me.

Defensively, Smith is an animal…when he chooses to be. However, he often drifts or seems to not put as much effort in on that end as he maybe should, especially considering he is basically dead weight on offense in the half-court.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
I count IU as my second favorite team and follow them very closely. Losing Smith will hurt defensively, but he was a bit of an offensive liability (as someone stated above). Plus, Indiana is pretty loaded at the 3-4 spots, so may fans are seemingly not too bothered by the transfer. I would certainly take him in an ISU uniform next year for his defensive skills alone.

Edit: I would have loved for him to stay at IU as he could be pretty dynamic at times. I think he would be very good at ISU and hope Prohm can get him to consider it!

Reactions: Snydes

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I count IU as my second favorite team and follow them very closely. Losing Smith will hurt defensively, but he was a bit of an offensive liability (as someone stated above). Plus, Indiana is pretty loaded at the 3-4 spots, so may fans are seemingly not too bothered by the transfer. I would certainly take him in an ISU uniform next year for his defensive skills alone.

Edit: I would have loved for him to stay at IU as he could be pretty dynamic at times. I think he would be very good at ISU and hope Prohm can get him to consider it!
What are your thoughts on how his defense would translate here? Do you see him carrying that pride in defense over to a more offensively minded program? Is it something he’s a leader in and would help the young guys? We haven’t had too many Ejim type leaders that would get on guys for missing assignments. Well besides Jacobson yelling at Wigginton on TV in 2019.

We could start 4 wings plus Bolton. Okay, probably not, but playing fasted paced, transition ball again would be fun. Easier to be a pg when you don’t face a set defense!

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Seems like an off the bench guy. That or plugging up lanes making Bolton’s life harder.

Or who knows, maybe Prohm can unlock some ability and he’s suddenly good on offense.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Seems like an off the bench guy. That or plugging up lanes making Bolton’s life harder.
He plays out on the wing a lot just does not shoot many 3s. Also has anyone heard a time to expect a decision for JCL?

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
What are your thoughts on how his defense would translate here? Do you see him carrying that pride in defense over to a more offensively minded program? Is it something he’s a leader in and would help the young guys? We haven’t had too many Ejim type leaders that would get on guys for missing assignments. Well besides Jacobson yelling at Wigginton on TV in 2019.

We could start 4 wings plus Bolton. Okay, probably not, but playing fasted paced, transition ball again would be fun. Easier to be a pg when you don’t face a set defense!
He yelled at THT lol