***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
We're gonna be so bad next year if they don't pass the vote for immediately eligibility. More than half our remaining targets are sit out transfers. And Harris will more than likely have to sit out next year.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
We're gonna be so bad next year if they don't pass the vote for immediately eligibility. More than half our remaining targets are sit out transfers. And Harris will more than likely have to sit out next year.
That doesn't mean we can't still get some or all of them waivers. Bolton was supposed to sit out, but we got him a waiver.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
That doesn't mean we can't still get some or all of them waivers. Bolton was supposed to sit out, but we got him a waiver.

Bolton is the exception to the rule. Name one other player we've added in the past 10 years that got a waiver.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Bolton is the exception to the rule. Name one other player we've added in the past 10 years that got a waiver.

We got Kempt an extra year. Our compliance department is the best in the business. I don't think Harris will get a waiver but I think we'll add some pieces that we can get to help next year

Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

This doesn't just affect ISU each team that took a sit out transfer also gets that player thus improved. There are 3 open scholarships right now we have no idea who were adding yet just that they will. I still think there will be 2 that will be immediately eligible either by GT or have an realistic appeal argument. then we can look at the roster and decide the success range.
I don't think the staff was/is counting on Harris being eligible this year, just would have been a bonus.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
2020-Javan Johnson-sat out-no waiver
2019-Rasir Bolton-received waiver
2019-Prentiss Nixon-sat out-no waiver
2018-Michael Jacobson-sat out-no waiver
2018-Marial Shayok-sat out-no waiver
2017-Ray Kasongo-sat out-no waiver
2016-Nick Babb-sat out-no waiver
2015-Deonte Burton-sat out-no waiver
2015-Hallice Cooke-sat out-no waiver
2014-Jameel McKay-sat out-no waiver
2014-Abdel Nader-sat out-no waiver
2012-Will Clyburn-sat out-no waiver
2012-Korie Lucious-sat out-no waiver
2011-Chris Allen-sat out-no waiver
2011-Royce White-sat out-no waiver
2011-Anthony Booker-sat out-no waiver
2011-Chris Babb-sat out-no waiver

The rest of the transfers we've added were all grad transfers.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
We got Kempt an extra year. Our compliance department is the best in the business. I don't think Harris will get a waiver but I think we'll add some pieces that we can get to help next year

I'm talking about basketball immediate eligibility waivers for transfers. Not football 6th year of eligibility waivers for current players on the roster.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
2020-Javan Johnson-sat out-no waiver
2019-Rasir Bolton-received waiver
2019-Prentiss Nixon-sat out-no waiver
2018-Michael Jacobson-sat out-no waiver
2018-Marial Shayok-sat out-no waiver
2017-Ray Kasongo-sat out-no waiver
2016-Nick Babb-sat out-no waiver
2015-Deonte Burton-sat out-no waiver
2015-Hallice Cooke-sat out-no waiver
2014-Jameel McKay-sat out-no waiver
2014-Abdel Nader-sat out-no waiver
2012-Will Clyburn-sat out-no waiver
2012-Korie Lucious-sat out-no waiver
2011-Chris Allen-sat out-no waiver
2011-Royce White-sat out-no waiver
2011-Anthony Booker-sat out-no waiver
2011-Chris Babb-sat out-no waiver

The rest of the transfers we've added were all grad transfers.

R-E-L-A-X. I am confident staff will add 1 or 2 grad transfers. More players are announcing their transfers daily. Regardless we shouldn't stress 5/1 with 3 scholarships still open. Let's see where the roster ends up.

The official vote on the transfer rule isn't to May 20th either, plenty of time for public out rage of denying the sit out rule to swing it back to passing. It's the NCAA who know what the final decision will be? (other than no one will be happy)

Reactions: HoustonClone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm talking about basketball immediate eligibility waivers for transfers. Not football 6th year of eligibility waivers for current players on the roster.

The only basketball players we tried to get waivers for that I can remember is Lucca and Royce. That was with our old compliance guy though. This one hasn't had one denied yet

Reactions: MJN

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
This doesn't just affect ISU each team that took a sit out transfer also gets that player thus improved. There are 3 open scholarships right now we have no idea who were adding yet just that they will. I still think there will be 2 that will be immediately eligible either by GT or have an realistic appeal argument. then we can look at the roster and decide the success range.
I don't think the staff was/is counting on Harris being eligible this year, just would have been a bonus.

If other teams in the big 12 were as bad as us last year, returned as much as us this year, and had as many scholarships to fill as us right now. I would agree with you. But the majority of the teams were better than us last year, are returning way more than us this year, and have 0 or 1 scholarship to fill. We're in a terrible situation right now returning 4 players from a 12 win team. We currently have 9 players eligible next year. 4 of them being freshman. Having to rely on landing a couple immediately eligible transfers, when probably half the transfers on the market have already committted elsewhere. That's a terrible position to be in.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
R-E-L-A-X. I am confident staff will add 1 or 2 grad transfers. More players are announcing their transfers daily. Regardless we shouldn't stress 5/1 with 3 scholarships still open. Let's see where the roster ends up.

The official vote on the transfer rule isn't to May 20th either, plenty of time for public out rage of denying the sit out rule to swing it back to passing. It's the NCAA who know what the final decision will be? (other than no one will be happy)

I'm relaxed lol. Just telling it how I see it. I hope I'm wrong.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Having sit-outs in the time we were stacked seems completely different than now.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
If Prohm had a better track record of landing good grad transfers I'd be more positive too. But Talley, Brase, Beverly, Holden, and Bowie is about as bad as it gets imo.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015

Haven't followed closely enough, but any jucos?

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
We need 2 minimum immediate gt’s...I think you try to lock up those grad transfers quickly and you can be picky with the last scholarship

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
I've seen the claim that our compliance department is top notch a few time now, what is the evidence to support that? Have they been compared to other compliance departments, has a study been done? Does someone have experience with multiple compliance departments and can compare?

Help Support Us

Become a patron