***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Question --

I thought, back in the day, it was 12 scholarships per team.

It is obviously now 13.

Did that change at some point, or am I remembering it incorrectly?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Question --

I thought, back in the day, it was 12 scholarships per team.

It is obviously now 13.

Did that change at some point, or am I remembering it incorrectly?

Don’t think it was ever 12. Thought it was 15 at one time though.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
No I said just one scholarship. Not five for the whole team. It would not be a big blue blood thing. It would help schools like Iowa State, Minnesota and so on. The blue bloods already have enough talent. Teams like ours could bring back a player that didn’t make it. Im not talking everyone that goes to the draft you get an extra scholly. Just one per team.

Or the said player just keeps the coach informed on if he’s planning on coming back or not.

Giving every team an extra scholarship takes more talented players away from schools like Iowa State and below and makes the blue bloods better.

Reactions: isutrevman

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
Ncaa needs to
Come up with a new rule for stuff like this. Like if a kid puts his name in the draft you are awarded an extra scholarship if he decides to come back. Just a one year scholarship.
tenor.gif

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yeah I did. I actually am friends with two college coaches and both of them said basically the same thing. One is an SEC assistant coach and it’s simethkng they are going to bring up. It’s not a high profile SEC team either.

SEC assistant coach = Bagman

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Goofyguy1

Feb 18, 2017
No I said just one scholarship. Not five for the whole team. It would not be a big blue blood thing. It would help schools like Iowa State, Minnesota and so on. The blue bloods already have enough talent. Teams like ours could bring back a player that didn’t make it. Im not talking everyone that goes to the draft you get an extra scholly. Just one per team.
Still stupid

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Yeah I did. I actually am friends with two college coaches and both of them said basically the same thing. One is an SEC assistant coach and it’s simethkng they are going to bring up. It’s not a high profile SEC team either.
I'm friends with a college AD and he thinks it's an insane idea.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

This tweet will make someone like Jay Bilas, who is pretty pro-player movement, very unhappy. Coach who is paid switches school and is "immediately available" but unpaid player follows the coach's move and he has to sit out a year.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Rayjon Tucker isn’t going to graduate from UALR.

Credit to staff for shifting focus to Bolton.

Dodged a bullet there.

Only think I have seen is that he is hasn't graduated this semester but he still has the summer to complete coursework.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Link? Even if he's not graduating this spring he can still finish up over the summer.
Apparently some rumor that from what I can tell started on a local radio show that he may not have graduated this semester. That then turned into people on twitter saying he was academically ineligible, which is obviously something different completely. There hasn't been any official word on any of this and like you said, he can graduate over the summer.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Apparently some rumor that from what I can tell started on a local radio show that he may not have graduated this semester. That then turned into people on twitter saying he was academically ineligible, which is obviously something different completely. There hasn't been any official word on any of this and like you said, he can graduate over the summer.

That’s assuming UALR offers the classes he needs to graduate over the summer and that he has the mental fortitude to pass them without any of the academic assistance he received while on the MBB team

Reactions: hoosman

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
That’s assuming UALR offers the classes he needs to graduate over the summer and that he has the mental fortitude to pass them without any of the academic assistance he received while on the MBB team

No reason to assume otherwise. You'd think that he would have gotten his ducks in a row and made sure that graduating from UALR in the summer was even possible before he went the grad transfer route.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

No reason to think he can't do these things. Plus like I said, right now it is just twitter rumors. Nothing confirmed from reputable source. But will likely find out soon enough. Deadline to withdraw from draft is coming up.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
No reason to think he can't do these things. Plus like I said, right now it is just twitter rumors. Nothing confirmed from reputable source. But will likely find out soon enough. Deadline to withdraw from draft is coming up.

Yeah, May 29 will make a lot of things clearer for a lot of teams/players.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron