NBA: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I can't find the stat right now but going into this series LeBron was shooting something crazy like 20% when guarded by Boris Diaw on a decent sample size. He's figured out how to attack him. If the Spurs can't buy minutes with Diaw on LeBron they're going to be in trouble. Leonard is getting worn out trying to guard him, you can't throw Green on him like they did against Durant because LeBron will kill him in the post.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
I can't find the stat right now but going into this series LeBron was shooting something crazy like 20% when guarded by Boris Diaw on a decent sample size. He's figured out how to attack him. If the Spurs can't buy minutes with Diaw on LeBron they're going to be in trouble. Leonard is getting worn out trying to guard him, you can't throw Green on him like they did against Durant because LeBron will kill him in the post.

Meh. Lebron got his and Leonard played great D. I'm sure Pop is okay with that. The rest of the team didn't do much to the degree that the Spurs can't out play them. The Spurs had so many opportunities in this game and just didn't capitalize.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames

Meh. Lebron got his and Leonard played great D. I'm sure Pop is okay with that. The rest of the team didn't do much to the degree that the Spurs can't out play them. The Spurs had so many opportunities in this game and just didn't capitalize.

Yep, you have to give LeBron something. If he is hitting jump shots he becomes unguardable. At that point you have to make up ground elsewhere. Either having a great game offensively or shutting down the rest of Miami's players. Or usually a combination of both. San Antonio did a decent job limiting the rest of Miami, but had a few lapses. The biggest problem was getting limited scoring from Diaw, Green and Leonard. San Antonio needs offense from them if LeBron is going to go off.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Yeah he played fine defensively, but he's not giving them anything on the other end. He killed Miami on the glass last year, five double digit rebounding games, lowest total was seven, he's got four rebounds combined in two games this year. I thought he was the Spurs best player for long stretches of time in last year's series, and it looks like guarding LeBron is taking a toll on his overall game this year.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
That Chalmers elbow sealed the deal for the Heat. Parker could barely even shoot the free throws before he could shake off the shot to the ribs. Took him and the team 2-3 minutes to recover. Cheap shot.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Apparent you have never been elbowed in the ribs before? Did they explain how a brush of air poked wade in the face?

Didn't you learn anything from Game 1? It's the Finals, there's no time for debilitating injuries in the Finals. Parker should have just got up and knocked down some free throws.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That Chalmers elbow sealed the deal for the Heat. Parker could barely even shoot the free throws before he could shake off the shot to the ribs. Took him and the team 2-3 minutes to recover. Cheap shot.

Not that long ago a Spurs player laid a much worse cheap shot on a league MVP in a game that was basically over. The league decided to reward the Spurs for the cheap shot by gift wrapping an NBA Championship for them.

If any team has karma coming to them in that realm it's the Spurs, they have one more title than they earned. The biggest shot of Robert Horry's career didn't even involve a basketball.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Didn't you learn anything from Game 1? It's the Finals, there's no time for debilitating injuries in the Finals. Parker should have just got up and knocked down some free throws.

Only difference is no one gave lecramp a cheap shot. Chalmers deliberately elbowed Parker in the ribs. See the difference? Did you also notice the difference that Parker was fighting to stay in the game, but the coach could see that he was truly hurt, and took him out for a few minutes. Parker even refused to sit down for a while, he wanted back in so much. And lecramp on the other hand was raising his hands every 2 seconds trying to get out, even before the big cramp.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Boo ******* who. He didn't even catch him that good.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Saw Wade got fined 5,000 for his acting job. I didn't see it live last night but saw it today. That maybe the most pathetic flop / act job I've seen.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Saw Wade got fined 5,000 for his acting job. I didn't see it live last night but saw it today. That maybe the most pathetic flop / act job I've seen.

$5000 is not enough for a guy that makes 8 figures per year. That should be reviewable and they should be given T's/suspension. It has no place in the game.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
$5000 is not enough for a guy that makes 8 figures per year. That should be reviewable and they should be given T's/suspension. It has no place in the game.

It's just not fair that a guy like Ginobili, someone who always plays fairly and honestly and would never think of doing something as distasteful as flopping, gets penalized for Wade's dastardly deeds. There's no justice in this world!

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
It's just not fair that a guy like Ginobili, someone who always plays fairly and honestly and would never think of doing something as distasteful as flopping, gets penalized for Wade's dastardly deeds. There's no justice in this world!

When is the last time Ginobli got fined for flopping? Just curious.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Only difference is no one gave lecramp a cheap shot. Chalmers deliberately elbowed Parker in the ribs. See the difference? Did you also notice the difference that Parker was fighting to stay in the game, but the coach could see that he was truly hurt, and took him out for a few minutes. Parker even refused to sit down for a while, he wanted back in so much. And lecramp on the other hand was raising his hands every 2 seconds trying to get out, even before the big cramp.

To put it politely, this guy is an idiot.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
When is the last time Ginobli got fined for flopping? Just curious.

I'm glad they didn't give in to his flop at the end of the game. Trying to let acting decide a game is frustrating. He is by far the biggest actor on the spurs. I'd say the heat have at least 3 Hollywood actors. Its a big part of why they annoy me. I'm in support of the fines. Just make them bigger. Even when the ref doesn't bite, they should still get fined.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron