Offical Big12 Championship thread

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I don't know how Zabriskie got out of that one. I was expecting the refs to give Ellis the takedown just as Z went to his back and give him back points for the win. Z never have up and somehow kept his #1 seed for nationals.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I am disappointed in how we finished tonight. I've watched three matches all year...our loss to Iowa, our choke job in the Midlands and now our choke job tonight. That being said, what are our chances to be in the running for the national title?

real good if you don't watch! :jimlad:

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I am disappointed in how we finished tonight. I've watched three matches all year...our loss to Iowa, our choke job in the Midlands and now our choke job tonight. That being said, what are our chances to be in the running for the national title?

Might as well send the trophy over to Iowa City right now ... I keep hoping that this team will learn how to step it up when the bright lights come on but I don't think they will ever get "it". Maybe I will pray tonight for them to show me I'm wrong.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

If we wrestled to our potential, we'd have a good chance...we're fairly evenly matched with Iowa, but Iowa is much, much more agressive than us-and they take care of business in matches that they should win...where as our performance tonight and in the midlands speak for themselves for us.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
The problem at Nationals going up against Iowa is that Iowa will score bonus points and we will try to hold on to 1 or 2 point wins.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
what are our chances to be in the running for the national title?

Not that good. Iowa has our number and we have been wrestling horribly under pressure. Cornell might have a better shot than ISU. If everyone gets ridiculously hot, we can win. Varner has to step it up.

ISU beat NU in both the 2 dual meets, so it still sucks.

Just once I want something to go to plan. ISU could be 30 point favorites in any sport and find a way to **** it up.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
He looked like he was working very hard to choose his words very carefully. He didn't sound very thrilled with the co-championship.

With the lead that we lost, I can understand. He called it a pretty rough day for the team today.

Yep, very well said. Cale bit his tongue a couple times. I was hoping he'd punch the guy when he said, congrats on the co championship.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
cael also said he is more concerned about individual stuff and not the team title thing

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I can't believe I'm having a meltdown over wrestling. This thing pisses me off more than Football and Basketball combined.

Don't feel bad, my wife has been yelling at me to just turn the tv off ... I'm f'ing pissed at the moment. I'm about to take my 2008 championship Cyclone Wrestling Club golf outing trophy and run it over with my truck.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
At least Z has a brass pair ... maybe he can let some of he fellow teamates borrow them sometime.

Congrats to Fan and Z tonight on being Champions ...

Damn straight. It hurts, but it is still a Big 12 championship. No one will remember that it was a split championship in a couple of years.

Hell, who am i kidding. It is college wrestling. It will be lucky to make the paper tomorrow.

But the key is that Z came up huge over a pretty tough opponent. Congrats Cyclones for 3 in a row!!