Non-con schedule TV/Times

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Streaming games is awful.

There’s no benefit in it... Nothing about streaming is better than TV.

1. I already pay money for the ESPN channels.
2. Now I have to pay more for the streaming services.

3. The picture quality is never as good. It’s usually worse.

4. You have to worry about buffering.
Cancel your TV, upgrade your internet. Problem solved. Less money, better quality.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Cancel your TV, upgrade your internet. Problem solved. Less money, better quality.
I’m annoyed about having 4 games on ESPN+. I’m not about to cancel my TV and force myself to have to watch all road games on streaming haha. It would definitely save me money but I just don’t trust streaming.

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I’m annoyed about having 4 games on ESPN+. I’m not about to cancel my TV and force myself to have to watch all road games on streaming haha. It would definitely save me money but I just don’t trust streaming.
"Times, they are a changin'." If you get your TV via cable then you are literally changing nothing about the reliability of your service. You can watch all 4 games at the same time with a computer.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Bumping this for talk on cyclones tv. Was looking at the non con schedule quickly and saw we had probably 5-6 games on cyclones.tv this year, if I spend the 20 dollars for 2 months of it will it be worth my money? I’ve seen comments in the past about people have trouble when it comes to games on there in the non con

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Bumping this for talk on cyclones tv. Was looking at the non con schedule quickly and saw we had probably 5-6 games on cyclones.tv this year, if I spend the 20 dollars for 2 months of it will it be worth my money? I’ve seen comments in the past about people have trouble when it comes to games on there in the non con
It is worth it to me. I may have some problems but it is still light years better than no access to the games. You can also get audio to games even if you are out of range of the Cyclone Radio Network.

• Winner
Reactions: Dormeezy

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I’ll do it but it’s terrible.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

I've never had an issue with Cyclones TV for basketball games. If you love ISU basketball, and don't want to miss a game, the $20 is worth it. The broadcast with John and Eric is probably the best part. The games are usually terrible, but it's still a game in Hilton Coliseum.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
I've never had an issue with Cyclones TV for basketball games. If you love ISU basketball, and don't want to miss a game, the $20 is worth it. The broadcast with John and Eric is probably the best part. The games are usually terrible, but it's still a game in Hilton Coliseum.
Ditto. I have the Roku app and haven’t had any issues recently.

• Agree
Reactions: kcbob79clone

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
It’s gotten better each year. I don’t remember having any issues the last year or two. I usually buy the 4 month option to have the whole season roughly as it’s a better deal that way.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
I forgot cyclones.tv has John and Eric's call as the commentators, love listening to them

• Agree

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
It’s gotten better each year. I don’t remember having any issues the last year or two. I usually buy the 4 month option to have the whole season roughly as it’s a better deal that way.
Just out of curiosity, what do you use it for once conference season starts as all of the games are on some sort of ESPN

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Just out of curiosity, what do you use it for once conference season starts as all of the games are on some sort of ESPN

I only get it for November and December.

If you wanted to keep it you can watch interviews and clips, and old replays of games, including losses (?).

Why the **** do they show losses? That includes basketball.

• Funny
Reactions: ZZZ

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
The Easy Guide to "How Do I Watch Iowa State Basketball" -

cyclonestv.jpg

Mississippi Valley State (Nov. 5)
Northern Illinois (Nov. 12)
Southern Miss (Nov. 19)
Kansas City (Dec. 4)
Purdue Fort Wayne (Dec. 22)
Florida A&M (Dec. 31)

Can I Watch it on Good ol' Fashioned Regular Television? Yes
Do I have to subscribe to Mediacom to watch it on my TV? Yes
Can I stream it? Yes
Do I have to pay more to stream it? Yeah, you sure do
Wait, if I have Mediacom, I have to pay to stream the same content? Welcome to 2019
Do I have any other options besides watching with Mediacom or streaming it? Make some friends? Go to a bar that has it? Go to the game?
How do I stream it? https://cyclones.com/sports/2015/6/18/Cyclonestv_moreinfo.aspx#supporteddevices

p12e.jpg

@ Oregon State (Nov. 9)

Can I Watch it on Good ol' Fashioned Regular Television? Yes, if you have Dish Network. Not if you have DIRECTV or Mediacom
Do I have to subscribe to Mediacom to watch it on my TV? I already told you, no
Can I stream it? Yes
How do I stream it? SlingTV or FuboTV are your best bets

espn_hd.jpg
espn2_hd.jpg
espnu_hd.jpg
espnnews.jpg

Michigan (Nov. 27) - ESPN
Alabama/UNC (Nov. 28) - ESPN or ESPN2 or ESPNU
Atlantis Game 3 (Nov. 29) - ESPN or ESPN2 or ESPNU or ESPNEWS
Seton Hall (Dec. 8) - ESPN2
Iowa (Dec. 12) - ESPN2
@ TCU (Jan. 4) - ESPN2 or ESPNU
Oklahoma (Jan. 11) - ESPN or ESPN2
@ Texas Tech (Jan. 18) - ESPN or ESPN2 or ESPNU
@ Auburn (Jan. 25) - ESPN or ESPN 2 or ESPNU
Baylor (Jan. 29) - ESPN or ESPN 2 or ESPNU
@ West Virginia (Feb. 5) - ESPN 2 or ESPNU
Kansas State (Feb. 8) - ESPN2
@ Oklahoma (Feb. 12) - ESPN2 or ESPNU
Texas (Feb. 15) - ESPN or ESPN2
@ Kansas (Feb. 17) - ESPN
Texas Tech (Feb. 22) - ESPN or ESPN 2 or ESPNU
TCU (Feb. 25) - ESPNU
@ Oklahoma State (Feb. 29) - ESPN or ESPN 2 or ESPNU
West Virginia (Mar. 3) - ESPN 2 or ESPNU
Big 12 Tournament - ESPN or ESPN 2 or ESPNU

Do I have to subscribe to Mediacom to watch it on my TV? No
Can I stream it? Yes
Do I have to pay more to stream it? No
Does that mean I can stream it for free? Yes
What's the catch? You have to already subscribe to the networks via another service, such as cable
If I subscribe to ESPN+, I can watch these games, right? Nope
So if I want to watch these newfangled Big 12 Now on ESPN+ games, its gonna cost me more? Yep
Is there any way to stream these games without having a subscription to another service? Not legally

longnet.jpg

@ Texas (Feb. 1)

Do I have to subscribe to Mediacom to watch it on my TV? No, but DIRECTV or Dish will have it. May need to pay a little more though.
Can I stream it? Yes
What's the catch? You have to already subscribe to Longhorn Network via another service, such as satellite
So if I want to watch these newfangled Big 12 Now on ESPN+ games, its gonna cost me more? Yep
Is there any way to stream these games without having a subscription to another service? Not legally

espn_plus.jpg

Big 12 NOW on ESPN+

Kansas (Jan. 8)
@ Baylor (Jan. 15)
Oklahoma St (Jan. 21)
@ Kansas State (Mar. 7)

Can I Watch it on Good ol' Fashioned Regular Television? No, its not gonna be on any TV Channel
Do I have to subscribe to Mediacom to watch it on my TV? No,
Can I stream it? Yes, that's literally your only option
Do I have to pay more to stream it? Sure do
What's the catch? It's another 5 bucks a month
If I subscribe to regular old ESPN, I can watch these games, right? Nope

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The Easy Guide to "How Do I Watch Iowa State Basketball" -

cyclonestv.jpg

Mississippi Valley State (Nov. 5)
Northern Illinois (Nov. 12)
Southern Miss (Nov. 19)
Kansas City (Dec. 4)
Purdue Fort Wayne (Dec. 22)
Florida A&M (Dec. 31)

Do I have to subscribe to Mediacom to watch it on my TV? Yes
Can I stream it? Yes

Wait, if I have Mediacom, I have to pay to stream the same content? Welcome to 2019
Do I have any other options besides watching with Mediacom or streaming it? Make some friends? Go to a bar that has it? Go to the game?
How do I stream it? https://cyclones.com/sports/2015/6/18/Cyclonestv_moreinfo.aspx#supporteddevices

p12e.jpg

@ Oregon State (Nov. 9)

Can I Watch it on Good ol' Fashioned Regular Television? Yes, if you have Dish Network. Not if you have DIRECTV or Mediacom
Do I have to subscribe to Mediacom to watch it on my TV? I already told you, no
Can I stream it? Yes
How do I stream it? SlingTV or FuboTV are your best bets

espn_hd.jpg
espn2_hd.jpg
espnu_hd.jpg
espnnews.jpg

Michigan (Nov. 27) - ESPN
Alabama/UNC (Nov. 28) - ESPN or ESPN2 or ESPNU
Atlantis Game 3 (Nov. 29) - ESPN or ESPN2 or ESPNU or ESPNEWS
Seton Hall (Dec. 8) - ESPN2
Iowa (Dec. 12) - ESPN2
@ TCU (Jan. 4) - ESPN2 or ESPNU
Oklahoma (Jan. 11) - ESPN or ESPN2
@ Texas Tech (Jan. 18) - ESPN or ESPN2 or ESPNU
@ Auburn (Jan. 25) - ESPN or ESPN 2 or ESPNU
Baylor (Jan. 29) - ESPN or ESPN 2 or ESPNU
@ West Virginia (Feb. 5) - ESPN 2 or ESPNU
Kansas State (Feb. 8) - ESPN2
@ Oklahoma (Feb. 12) - ESPN2 or ESPNU
Texas (Feb. 15) - ESPN or ESPN2
@ Kansas (Feb. 17) - ESPN
Texas Tech (Feb. 22) - ESPN or ESPN 2 or ESPNU
TCU (Feb. 25) - ESPNU
@ Oklahoma State (Feb. 29) - ESPN or ESPN 2 or ESPNU
West Virginia (Mar. 3) - ESPN 2 or ESPNU
Big 12 Tournament - ESPN or ESPN 2 or ESPNU

Do I have to subscribe to Mediacom to watch it on my TV? No
Can I stream it? Yes
What's the catch? You have to already subscribe to the networks via another service, such as cable

longnet.jpg

@ Texas (Feb. 1)

Do I have to subscribe to Mediacom to watch it on my TV? No, but DIRECTV or Dish will have it. May need to pay a little more though.
Can I stream it? Yes
What's the catch? You have to already subscribe to Longhorn Network via another service, such as satellite

espn_plus.jpg

Big 12 NOW on ESPN+

Kansas (Jan. 8)
@ Baylor (Jan. 15)
Oklahoma St (Jan. 21)
@ Kansas State (Mar. 7)

Can I Watch it on Good ol' Fashioned Regular Television? No, its not gonna be on any TV Channel
Do I have to subscribe to Mediacom to watch it on my TV? No,
Can I stream it? Yes, that's literally your only option
Do I have to pay more to stream it? Sure do
What's the catch? It's another 5 bucks a month
If I subscribe to regular old ESPN, I can watch these games, right? Nope
Bookmarking.
Now I just need to check out the not-so-legal ones for BU & KSU away games. This Big 12 Now really ticks me off. We have finally moved to the era where we can see most ISU games on TV, and Big 12 figures out a way to fark with that.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Streaming 4 conference games is a joke. I was under the impression that ESPN+ would replace cyclones.tv....there were never conference games on cyclones.tv and all conference games were on an ESPN channel.

This is a step backwards for me and is extremely frustrating.

• Winner
Reactions: Urbandale2013

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Streaming 4 conference games is a joke. I was under the impression that ESPN+ would replace cyclones.tv....there were never conference games on cyclones.tv and all conference games were on an ESPN channel.

This is a step backwards for me and is extremely frustrating.
This is the last year of games being on Cyclones.tv

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
This is the last year of games being on Cyclones.tv

Yeah I know and everyone has dubbed ESPN+ as being the replacement for cyclones.tv but it’s not. It’s taking away conference games off the network channels and putting them on a stream.

• Agree

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Yeah I know and everyone has dubbed ESPN+ as being the replacement for cyclones.tv but it’s not. It’s taking away conference games off the network channels and putting them on a stream.
It’s going to get to the point where big games get placed on ESPN+ eventually. It’s similar to when major bowl games and the championship got moved to cable from being aired on regular network tv. 5 years from now most sports fans across the country will be paying for ESPN+

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So sounds like there is no way to "bat 100%" on watching Iowa State play basketball this season without ESPN+ in your repertoire somehow or someway?

• Agree