NO FANS AT CYCLONE GAMES?

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Your response in the top post is incoherent. Your post that I responded to in this thread displayed the critical thinking of a brain that has yet to mature. If the shoe fits...

Posts like this aren't exactly helpful.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Posts like this aren't exactly helpful.

It's a message board, not a city council meeting. I mostly stay out of these types of threads, so I wasn't familiar with ArgentCy's consistently dumb posts. I see now it's kinda his schtick. Unfortunately, he represents the thoughts of a significant portion of Americans.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I find this thread very odd. Why are people who have far more invested into athletics and ISU and things like CF fighting against this more than I am? I mean I like football and watch all the games and go to some but it's certainly not going to affect me much if they don't play.

There are only two answers that I can see, the fear is just overpowering and/or they are looking for a simple scapegoat. For example, If only everyone had washed their hands then we could have played football...

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Disagree 100%,
If you, along with everybody else, wore a mask, avoided crowds and social distanced we might have been able to turn this around. I feel football is dead if the current trends continue. You fail to realize your responsibility to protect your fellow citizens. It’s not about you - it’s about us.

Wait a minute. Why do I have to avoid crowds and social distance if masks are so effective?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I find this thread very odd. Why are people who have far more invested into athletics and ISU and things like CF fighting against this more than I am? I mean I like football and watch all the games and go to some but it's certainly not going to affect me much if they don't play.

There are only two answers that I can see, the fear is just overpowering and/or they are looking for a simple scapegoat. For example, If only everyone had washed their hands then we could have played football...

"Fighting against" what exactly?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Wait a minute. Why do I have to avoid crowds and social distance if masks are so effective?

Masks aren't 100% effective. When combined with social distancing, the result is much closer to 100% effective. The anti-mask crowd is so bizarre.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Masks aren't 100% effective. When combined with social distancing, the result is much closer to 100% effective. The anti-mask crowd is so bizarre.
tenor.gif

Reactions: SolarGarlic

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Masks aren't 100% effective. When combined with social distancing, the result is much closer to 1% effective. The anti-mask crowd is so bizarre.

FIFY. They have no idea on this "effectiveness".

If you actually look at the data it seems Hispanics are getting this more than other ethnicity. We saw this in Iowa with the meat packing plants. And one theory was because they tend to have more people in a house and those close quarters caused more spread.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
NCAA issues extended guidelines to help navigate return to fall sports during coronavirus pandemic

"When we made the extremely difficult decision to cancel last spring's championships, it was because there was simply no way to conduct them safely," Emmert said in a prepared statement. "This document lays out the advice of health care professionals as to how to resume college sports if we can achieve an environment where COVID-19 rates are manageable. Today, sadly, the data point in the wrong direction. If there is to be college sports in the fall, we need to get a much better handle on the pandemic."

"Any recommendation on a pathway toward a safe return to sport will depend on the national trajectory of COVID-19 spread," said Brian Hainline, NCAA chief medical officer. "The idea of sport resocialization is predicated on a scenario of reduced or flattened infection rates."

The NCAA guidelines state that any individuals with "a high risk of exposure" should be placed in quarantine for 14 days -- and that includes opposing team members following competition. In some cases, the document states, that could mean an entire team.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports...fall-sports-coronavirus-pandemic?platform=amp

CloneJD

May 14, 2020

LOL you might want to spread the word. Dan Winters said on the 10:00 news the pandemic would be over if we all wore masks for one month. Suddenly they are a panacea.

Let's at least be forthright that even with masks, we still have a pandemic issue.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
LOL you might want to spread the word. Dan Winters said on the 10:00 news the pandemic would be over if we all wore masks for one month. Suddenly they are a panacea.

Let's at least be forthright that even with masks, we still have a pandemic issue.

Well, let's try it.

Everyone wear masks for a month when in public spots, and see where the numbers are and if we feel like we can function somewhat normally per those numbers.