NO FANS AT CYCLONE GAMES?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
You mean the ones that keep saying things out of both sides of their mouths? Or the Fake studies from the Lancet that I destroyed in like five minutes and then were retracted?

No the ones that have real medical training unlike you who thinks he is an expert in all matters despite not having anything other than youtube training.

Last edited:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If I want to "start the economy" I would start working. Oh wait, I never stopped. This is a complete straw man.
So the athletic dept says wear a mask if you want football and you say no. Is that a fair assessment?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I'll take one other tack. Let's say I magically lose my mind and believe everything the local news tells me. So I wear a mask everywhere including looking like a fool alone in my car. How are you going to even know? How will it make any difference what so ever? My wearing a mask has Zero influence on whether or not they decide to play some football games.
why vote then?

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I'll take one other tack. Let's say I magically lose my mind and believe everything the local news tells me. So I wear a mask everywhere including looking like a fool alone in my car. How are you going to even know? How will it make any difference what so ever? My wearing a mask has Zero influence on whether or not they decide to play some football games.
Disagree 100%,
If you, along with everybody else, wore a mask, avoided crowds and social distanced we might have been able to turn this around. I feel football is dead if the current trends continue. You fail to realize your responsibility to protect your fellow citizens. It’s not about you - it’s about us.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

This is ridiculously dumb. Some really childish thoughts here.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Disagree 100%,
If you, along with everybody else, wore a mask, avoided crowds and social distanced we might have been able to turn this around. I feel football is dead if the current trends continue. You fail to realize your responsibility to protect your fellow citizens. It’s not about you - it’s about us.

Why would you promote football if you think we should be avoiding crowds and social distancing?

I'm not 100% sure we will have NCAA FB but we already have some pro sports with many coming on line in the next several weeks. We've opening things up and loosened restrictions. It hasn't been perfectly smooth but we're trying to find our new, sustainable normal.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Why would you promote football if you think we should be avoiding crowds and social distancing?

I'm not 100% sure we will have NCAA FB but we already have some pro sports with many coming on line in the next several weeks. We've opening things up and loosened restrictions. It hasn't been perfectly smooth but we're trying to find our new, sustainable normal.
“Hasn’t been perfectly smooth.” Now that is an understatement if I ever heard one. It’s been a disaster. Suggest you look at the data. This thing is out of control. Until it gets in control there will be no football. To truly get to any sort of normal we need to get some control over the situation. I think it is unlikely we have football. As ISU athletics has said - if you want sports, wear a mask. I personally think it is too late for football, but for many reasons we need to contain this virus. I am not advocating for football. But I realize on the present trajectory it is DOA.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Disagree 100%,

It makes NO difference. Feel free to prove it with some hard data.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Saw a meme today that said requiring masks 4 months after covid began is like using birth control after getting pregnant. Well over 90% of Americans haven't had covid at this point. You can't argue with stupid. You have to mandate it.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
“Hasn’t been perfectly smooth.” Now that is an understatement if I ever heard one. It’s been a disaster. Suggest you look at the data. This thing is out of control. Until it gets in control there will be no football. To truly get to any sort of normal we need to get some control over the situation. I think it is unlikely we have football. As ISU athletics has said - if you want sports, wear a mask. I personally think it is too late for football, but for many reasons we need to contain this virus. I am not advocating for football. But I realize on the present trajectory it is DOA.

You mean like this data...Looks well under control to me.

Screen%20Shot%202020-07-16%20at%207.45.40%20AM.png

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

But it has influence on protecting others from getting sick if you have it. Does that matter?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Deaths trail positive cases by 21-28 days. Surge in cases started about 21 days ago. Today’s 7 day average deaths is 200 higher than a week ago 850 vs 650).

Check back with us in 2-3 weeks and post an updated version of that chart.

You can be anti media without being anti smart, give it a try some time.

I try to be understanding of different viewpoints but you’re ranking right up there on the stupid scale next to the lady at my wife’s work that thinks Bill Gates is behind all of this and the reason for the long testing sticks is to implant mind control chips close to the brain.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Talk about ironic. Let me rearrange your statement just a little bit. I still think we need a giant experiment and to keep everyone happy. East side wears masks, west side parties. Or perhaps lower deck wears masks and the upper level does beer bongs.

Are people really that emotionally fragile when it comes to masks? That people worry about others keeping a freakin' mask on for 4 hours when they're in the stadium. What a bunch of children

I've noticed a pattern. You like to call people children.

Your response in the top post is incoherent. Your post that I responded to in this thread displayed the critical thinking of a brain that has yet to mature. If the shoe fits...

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Deaths trail positive cases by 21-28 days. Surge in cases started about 21 days ago. Today’s 7 day average deaths is 200 higher than a week ago 850 vs 650).

Check back with us in 2-3 weeks and post an updated version of that chart.

You can be anti media without being anti smart, give it a try some time.

I try to be understanding of different viewpoints but you’re ranking right up there on the stupid scale next to the lady at my wife’s work that thinks Bill Gates is behind all of this and the reason for the long testing sticks is to implant mind control chips close to the brain.

Oh yes, back to the delay. Of course that ignores when these people were infected. But I will be sure to check back on the data in a few weeks.

Bill Gates and the World Economic Forum are behind a lot of this but I'm sure I'll never convince you so no point in trying.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron