Next season

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
149 I would imagine. Current 149 bump to 157 to fill in for Hidlay. Not as bad of a cut and avoid 141, win, win.

Makes sense. They will continue to have a tough lineup.

I'm hoping we get some info regarding the future of our lineup soon.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
This weekend, it looks like the NLWC is putting on an event in PA similar to what IAWrestle did with True.

Paniro Johnson is participating and will wrestle against Michael Duggan who got 3rd in Class AA this season.

Also, I don't think the results from True were discussed. As for ISU recruits, Gaukel beat Magayna 4-2 in OT.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Has anyone heard anything related to seniors coming back? I had a little birdy give me some insight last night on the phone but I am wondering if others are hearing similar things.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Has anyone heard anything related to seniors coming back? I had a little birdy give me some insight last night on the phone but I am wondering if others are hearing similar things.
You drinking hard last night if you thought birds were calling you on the phone?

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
It's pretty much a given that Ian is coming back, right? And not Degen?

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Surprised there hasn't been more talk about Degen coming back. Hope he can get/stay healthy for a whole season.
I will be really interested to see how 149 is managed next year with Degen/Robinson. Degen will no doubt start the season as the starter to keep the RS on Cam, but if Cam has a lot of success in opens and Degen's body can't hold up, might be tough to hold him back. Degen did say his body is feeling good right now and won't need surgery this offseason, so thats a bonus.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold and Proton

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
I will be really interested to see how 149 is managed next year with Degen/Robinson. Degen will no doubt start the season as the starter to keep the RS on Cam, but if Cam has a lot of success in opens and Degen's body can't hold up, might be tough to hold him back. Degen did say his body is feeling good right now and won't need surgery this offseason, so thats a bonus.
I agree - I really hope we can have a "normal year" where both guys can go to the same tourney and face similar foes to see how they do against outside competition... ala Harold Nichols Open/Midlands/Southern Scuffle, etc.

Reactions: stuclone

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Surprised there hasn't been more talk about Degen coming back. Hope he can get/stay healthy for a whole season.
I think quite a few have forgotten how good Degen really was when he was rolling and healthy. He was a pre-season #1 IIRC who was the top returning AA. That year he started the year strong then had all kinds of injury issues and the guy he had beaten in his last year final AA match, Pat Lugo ended the year ranked #1.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Looks like we're in "Gas Tank" Gary's top 5. I'd love it if Gremmel came back, but Gas Tank would be a fun fill-in to have around for a year while Schon and Greenlee bulk up and adjust.

Snippet from the Flo article:

"However, in the offseason, Ohio State added Utah Valley transfer, Tate Orndorff. Orndorff would go on to beat Traub out for the spot and earn All-American honors in St. Louis.

Now, Traub is taking the gas station on the road and looking to set up shop in a new town for his final year of eligibility.

Top 5 Schools (listed in alphabetical order)
  • Indiana
  • Iowa State
  • Oregon State
  • Pittsburgh
  • Purdue"

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Looks like we're in "Gas Tank" Gary's top 5. I'd love it if Gremmel came back, but Gas Tank would be a fun fill-in to have around for a year while Schon and Greenlee bulk up and adjust.

Snippet from the Flo article:

"However, in the offseason, Ohio State added Utah Valley transfer, Tate Orndorff. Orndorff would go on to beat Traub out for the spot and earn All-American honors in St. Louis.

Now, Traub is taking the gas station on the road and looking to set up shop in a new town for his final year of eligibility.

Top 5 Schools (listed in alphabetical order)
  • Indiana
  • Iowa State
  • Oregon State
  • Pittsburgh
  • Purdue"
I would rather have another transfer from Ohio