Next season

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
BCC, please re-read my posts as several of the things you mention I make direct points to.

I am not Ethan Anderson, no.

I am an ISU grad.

I am an ISU Wrestling season ticket holder.

I am guessing I've attended more ISU Wrestling fund raisers and given more than several of the posters responding to me negatively.

Lastly and more importantly I'm a realist.

Anyway, I'm out. It's been real. It's been fun. .....but it hasn't been real fun.
No one believes you.

Bye.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Wow! The blind support for any ISU athlete is both comical and truly inspiring all at once. I get both sides. He's young, he a member of the ISU "family", he gets unconditional support. On the flip side sometimes there's no recourse there. Anyway, far too deep. Again, if you guys haven't followed GG's career from high school to now you may have missed some of his antics. Similar to Steveson you love him, or hate him. In high school he was even more outlandish and anyone from Dubuque could tell you both sides. At ISU he's shaped up a bit and especially since the new staff has taken over. The smirk and fist are just general points on what impression the kid tries to make and also me not wanting to "bash", but give reasons. I know I'm fighting a losing battle here as he'll get blind support which is fine and understandable, but also comical because it has been easy to see since the kid first stepped on the mat as a high school varsity wrestler. Just ask Ethan Anderson.

It's not blind support, it's recognition of growth.

Being from the Dubuque area, you're right about the high school stuff. But that probably makes your point even less relevant, because if you would've asked around in Dubuque five years ago, I think a lot of people would've told you there was no way he graduates from ISU, let alone becomes an AA with zero known disciplinary issues in five years. By all accounts, he's grown up.

If you don't like how he looks, I'd say that's on you.

All of this is coming from a person who messaged a couple people on this board five years ago with the concerns I'd heard about his high school antics.

Whatever you think he's done that makes him hated, at least he still hasn't tried to break anybody's arm in a match, or told a media official he'd kill her.

431Welch

Apr 15, 2020
CN5, valid points & all made with out attacking me, so much appreciated. You are correct. How he handles himself with his side smirk and fist along with general "cockiness" really does bug me. As you said that is on me. He's a college kid, but in my defense I wish when I was someone slapped me and said "act like you've been there before." Regardless, he's changed it seems, scored points for ISU & graduated. All good things.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
BCC, please re-read my posts as several of the things you mention I make direct points to.

I am not Ethan Anderson, no.

I am an ISU grad.

I am an ISU Wrestling season ticket holder.

I am guessing I've attended more ISU Wrestling fund raisers and given more than several of the posters responding to me negatively.

Lastly and more importantly I'm a realist.

Anyway, I'm out. It's been real. It's been fun. .....but it hasn't been real fun.
You are one odd duck.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
CN5, valid points & all made with out attacking me, so much appreciated. You are correct. How he handles himself with his side smirk and fist along with general "cockiness" really does bug me. As you said that is on me. He's a college kid, but in my defense I wish when I was someone slapped me and said "act like you've been there before." Regardless, he's changed it seems, scored points for ISU & graduated. All good things.
Man. GTFO like you said you would. Top five in a stacked weight and all you can argue about is how he smiles and high school antics. Also, I don't like you, but that's definitely on you. Not me.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
So much ridiculous in this thread. GG can do as he damn pleases in photos-whether it be a douchey smirk or holding his fist up. Maybe he's a ufc fan? I've taken several photos with fighters doing the same sh*t. Last thing I'm doing is to get nit-picky over a 5th place AA for what he does in photos. Get over it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So much ridiculous in this thread. GG can do as he damn pleases in photos-whether it be a douchey smirk or holding his fist up. Maybe he's a ufc fan? I've taken several photos with fighters doing the same sh*t. Last thing I'm doing is to get nit-picky over a 5th place AA for what he does in photos. Get over it.
Hhhhmmmm.......thought I knew who you were, but the UFC thing now has me wondering if I guessed wrong.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
Hhhhmmmm.......thought I knew who you were, but the UFC thing now has me wondering if I guessed wrong.

You probably do know. I'm just saying I've posed with the fist up in photos with them as that's what they're doing most of the time.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Are you Ethan Anderson?
Ouch - Don't drag Ethan into this. I enjoyed listening to Ethan's interview about his journey from SEP to OSU then back to ISU. I'm glad he came back to ISU and I'd guess he was also a big reason that GG had success. It's hard to win without practice partners.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Ouch - Don't drag Ethan into this. I enjoyed listening to Ethan's interview about his journey from SEP to OSU then back to ISU. I'm glad he came back to ISU and I'd guess he was also a big reason that GG had success. It's hard to win without practice partners.
You’re right. I take it back.

• Friendly
Reactions: jmb1498 and CyGold

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Wait until he sees both of their pictures on the 2021-22 roster.
91dbffdb81640717-.gif

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
This thread turned to dog**** fast but did anyone else see NC State’s plans for next year? Tariq Wilson bulking up and Hayden Hidlay planning on bulking to 174...

EDIT: Sorry just saw this in another thread as well.

Last edited:

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
This thread turned to dog**** fast but did anyone else see NC State’s plans for next year? Tariq Wilson bulking up and Hayden Hidlay planning on bulking to 174...

EDIT: Sorry just saw this in another thread as well.

What weight is Tariq bulking up to?

Help Support Us

Become a patron