*New Uniform Thread*

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I can't justify the 10-minutes spent, but (as a confession?) I made this chart to keep track of the uniform combos thus far. Perhaps there will be a survey poll w/ visial-aids at end of year like last December (https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/survey-to-rank-the-2016-uniform-combinations.224300/)

...or we'll have better things to worry about, like BigXII championships and bowl games!
upload_2017-11-3_9-6-48.png
* alternate helmet sticker
** updated to fix Texa$ game error
*** apologize to some % for abbreviation choices, but can't bring myself to abbreviate the (G)rey as (A)nthracite, so left R/Y for red/yellow instead of C/G cardinal/gold

Last edited:

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
I can't justify the 10-minutes spent, but (as a confession?) I made this chart to keep track of the uniform combos thus far. Perhaps there will be a survey poll w/ visial-aids at end of year like last December (https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/survey-to-rank-the-2016-uniform-combinations.224300/)

...or we'll have better things to worry about, like BigXII championships and bowl games!
View attachment 51446
*apologize to some % for abbreviation choices, but can't bring myself to abbreviate the (G)rey as (A)nthracite, so left R/Y for red/yellow instead of C/G cardinal/gold
Texas was grey pants I believe. Plus the bugle.
855315400.0.jpg

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Re: vs. OSU --- It was mentioned here and/or in the WV uniform thread, superstition factor to stay all-cardinal. I'd be OK staying with it. If there's a plan to change, I'd like to see W-C-G for that game.

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
Honestly I think our away options are better than the home ones. Out of the possible options this is how I'd rank them:
-White/White/White (preferably with full color I-State and three stripes)
-White/White/Gold (hasn't been in games but looks sharp)
-Cardinal/White/Cardinal (somewhat of a modern classic for this uniform design)
-White/White/Cardinal (toss up between this and the one below)
-Cardinal/ White/ White (see above)
-White/White/Grey (best use of grey for any uni combo. Stripes on pants and jersey match)
-Cardinal/White/Gold
-Cardinal/White/Grey

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

View attachment 51446
*apologize to some % for abbreviation choices, but can't bring myself to abbreviate the (G)rey as (A)nthracite, so left R/Y for red/yellow instead of C/G cardinal/gold

I know people have said Campbell doesn't like to feature the gold. Looks that way as we haven't worn gold pants all year.

I hope we wear red/red/red at home against Oklahoma State. We have a good thing going in those - 3-0 on the year. Your chart says we wore R/R/R against Texas, but we actually wore R/R/gray.

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Texas was grey pants I believe. Plus the bugle.

I know people have said Campbell doesn't like to feature the gold. Looks that way as we haven't worn gold pants all year.

I hope we wear red/red/red at home against Oklahoma State. We have a good thing going in those - 3-0 on the year. Your chart says we wore R/R/R against Texas, but we actually wore R/R/gray.

This post has been updated. The Register regrets the error.

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I for one have abandoned hope that there will be a new helmet this year, given broader redesign for 2018, but I did see one last shred of hope, or false teasing by equipment staff, in this thread:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I for one have abandoned hope that there will be a new helmet this year, given broader redesign for 2018, but I did see one last shred of hope, or false teasing by equipment staff, in this thread:

My guess and hope is that we might be going to a darker shade of gold next year. Maybe along the lines of the darker gold stripe in the white helmet. That could explain why no new current gold helmet this year, things wouldn't match, just wait till next year?

And It does seem that Campbell isn't using the current gold much, so..

• Agree
Reactions: k123

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
With Veterans Day Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised if our uniforms incorporate something related to that. Not predicting it, but it's possible...maybe the mystery boxes are camo helmets...

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
With Veterans Day Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised if our uniforms incorporate something related to that. Not predicting it, but it's possible...maybe the mystery boxes are camo helmets...

an I State American flag helmet decal would be cool, imo
B9E4200D-B567-422D-9BDC-654B544B098C.jpeg

Attachments

• E6B386BF-91A2-44D3-86D6-5D63C5D4E5D5.jpeg
    E6B386BF-91A2-44D3-86D6-5D63C5D4E5D5.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 0