New site notes/bugs/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Links on the main page of the mobile app all produce errors on iOS.

Tap on articles the message says "Oops! that page can't be found."
Podcasts does the same.

Tap on forums and New Posts it says, "CycloneFanatic Error"
Tapping "Back" took me to another page that showed the specific subjects but not "New"
The specific subject area forums work properly.

CFTV link takes me to CampusTown store.

MacroCy

Sep 24, 2010
I always listened to podcasts on my phone (Android) using the 'Podcast Addict' app. Since the new website launched, it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
I always listened to podcasts on my phone (Android) using the 'Podcast Addict' app. Since the new website launched, it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Our podcast feed hasn't been updated with the new site yet. Should be done early in the week.

Rapplegt

Apr 7, 2006
Add a forum for ONLY ISU athletics. Under "Iowa State" "General discussion" option I get all the political, technology (Ocho), and other unrelated posts. I come to CF only for the ISU athletics info and wany to be able to easily filter out the rest.
Is there a way to identify one forum and the default for me when I open CF?

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
SIAP but for everyone wanting to go to the last unread post in a thread, I've just been clicking on the time of the last update and it takes me right there. (On mobile, using the New Posts under the Forum menu navigation).

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Someone mentioned this, but I'm able to jump straight to first unread post on mobile just fine.

On the little menu pop-up on the left, click the arrow next to forums, then from the drop down list pick 'new posts'. From there when I click on a thread title it takes me to first unread.

On another note, is there a way to switch to desktop version on mobile?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Definitely need a way to jump to the first unread post, especially on mobile but even on the desktop version.

It would also be nice if the username on the left side under the avatar was a little bit bigger font size, or bolded, something to make it stand out.

Click on the blue dot to the left of the thread title to jump to new post. YWIA

Reactions: cyrevkah

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I am going to miss the old emojis as those were the best on the interwebs, but otherwise, I can tell I'm going to love this new site. CYBOOKIE!!!

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Oh, there's a blue dot if you go into the actual subforum, but I prefer to just browse the new posts and there's no blue dot there.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I checked the box to opt out of the Politics forum but I still am seeing threads from that forum in the Recent Posts view. Hope this is able to be changed

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
My signature pic of Hoiberg driving a late model Buick with a Rhesus monkey is gone!!!!!!!!!!! The ****!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron