New Commit

sogocat

Nov 15, 2009
how many WR recruit busts will be non contributors this fall? too bad, these wasted schoolies could have been better used

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
how many WR recruit busts will be non contributors this fall? too bad, these wasted schoolies could have been better used

Well dammit Coach Rhoads why didn't you tell the other coaches to quit recruiting WR and players that want to come to ISU and only focus on D-Line whether or not those players exist. I expect much more from you.

:rolleyes:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
This one shouldn't influence the scholarship count for this year. It's basically taking a slight risk instead of perhaps banking one against our total.
I'm not sure how you figure that. There are already at least three who may well count against 2010's total (Jantz, Tautolo and Miller), and even with the players who didn't qualify, I'm not sure I can see spots for four.

I'm also not sure of the causality that some of you are seeing. Did Sed and others leave because they saw the writing on the wall? Or did the staff kick WR recruiting into high gear because Sed, Donnie and others decided to leave? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
This guy is a very good catcher. The only people that looked like they were good for the catch every time last year was Colin and Money. Does anyone know how fast this fellow is? 4.6 or faster?

Last edited:

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
He knows how to get open, can adjust to the ball and has good hands. Can't really ask for more than that out of a WR.

I wonder about speed and his ability to get past a DB that jams him. We'll just have to see. Let's roll with it and see what happens.

jl112481

Jul 25, 2007
Franklin, WI
What I like about this pick up is that if Janz is going to be the QB next year, which is likely, he will already have a WR that he has chemistry with. I know that doesn't mean a lot, but I have a feeling this guy will be one of his main targets this year.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Its all about chemistry, this puts Jantz as the "leader in the clubhouse" as there is a reason the coaches were going after this receiver. This is a good mood in my opinion as the only player Arnaud ever seemed to have chemistry with was Williams, both are gone, and chemistry is already there between Jantz and this receiver.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This one shouldn't influence the scholarship count for this year. It's basically taking a slight risk instead of perhaps banking one against our total.

Please explain, do we have room for him to count against 2010?

Do we have enough depertures that we will be able to sign 25 next month?
In other words does this affect the number we can sign next month?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Yep, it looks like Jantz will be the starter in the beginning. Brought this buddy fellow in after further checking Jantz out. Running back kicks may indicate that he might be shifty in a pile and therefore able to use ability to clear the line of scrimmage also. Looks like one of those proverbial under the radar picks.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames

sogocat...would you be happy if we took huge chances on 5 defensive tackles that would be very questionable offers?

I guess there is a difference in opinion for some people. I see right now that we have the ability to recruit a position (that in my opinion was terrible last year). Why not try to improve it?

I don't know the story on this guy...I don't know why he wasn't heavily recruited until we picked up on him. What I do know is that our offense was not good last year.

The fact that I was able to see our linebackers running around making plays, told me that the defensive tackles (even though they get no glory for this) kept the offensive linemen off the linebackers. That is a very good thing in my opinion. They may not have the ability to rush the passer but I don't think that they are as bad as many of you make them out to be.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'm not sure how you figure that. There are already at least three who may well count against 2010's total (Jantz, Tautolo and Miller), and even with the players who didn't qualify, I'm not sure I can see spots for four.

I'm also not sure of the causality that some of you are seeing. Did Sed and others leave because they saw the writing on the wall? Or did the staff kick WR recruiting into high gear because Sed, Donnie and others decided to leave? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

I think you're right. If the sign and place guys don't count toward last years allotment, then there should have been 22 in that class. 28 signed, 3 were EE, 1 didn't qualify and 2 were sign and place if I remember right so there should be room for only 3 only if sign and place doesn't count against us which I am not sure on. I don't see room for four either now. I think my original math was screwed up because I was counting Rony Nelson back which didn't end up happening.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Please explain, do we have room for him to count against 2010?

Do we have enough depertures that we will be able to sign 25 next month?
In other words does this affect the number we can sign next month?

I don't think we will be limited by total number (85) if I am counting correctly. We should be able to sign at least 25 if I am right but usually on this stuff, Aclone has a better handle on it.

ty4cy90

Apr 27, 2010
Ames/Spirit Lake

I would say the dropped passes came before anything.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This guy is a very good catcher. The only people that looked like they were good for the catch every time last year was Colin and Money. Does anyone know how fast this fellow is? 4.6 or faster?

He doesn't look incredibly fast. I would guess in the 4.6 range.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I don't think we will be limited by total number (85) if I am counting correctly. We should be able to sign at least 25 if I am right but usually on this stuff, Aclone has a better handle on it.

Thank you

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Not to mention if Jantz wins out on the qb job, he already has a relationship with this kid. Might be good for both of them.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Well, there is also the possibility that some one or two may be asked to grayshirt (obviously not Miller)--and one or two may not actually be expected to qualify. So there is some flexabilty in numbers that the coaches and staff have a whole bunch better handle on than we possibly can. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron