New Bracketology

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You might want to look into things before posting. Yes it was a L. A few things happened last night. Burhow has the flu and really should not even been playing and as his stat line shows did not do much. Got down 21 in second half. Had it within 1 point late but could not hit the game tying shot at the buzzer. This team has guts and if anything positive came out of last night it is it’s going to make them hungrier and I don’t think anyone will disagree it’s a team you don’t want to meet on a neutral court in the NCAA tourney. NET is still top 50 also
UNI could be a tough out in the NCAA tournament, but they probably can't lose another game in the regular season or else they'll have to win the MVC Tournament in order to get in. I'm not exactly sure how they're going to sit in the new NET rankings, but they could very well be outside of the bubble when the new rankings come out.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You might want to look into things before posting.
giphy.gif

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
It's me. The other guy.

That's the last loss UNI can take before Sunday in StL and that loss on Sunday would have to be against Loyola or Bradley as both of them would be solid Quad 2s.

In that scenario UNI is either in Dayton (which isn't all bad especially from a money perspective) or a #1 seed in the NIT that gets to play in Cedar Falls all the way to New York. I think they're that close to the line.

UNI is a year ahead of schedule so the next two have a real chance to be even better than this year.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
It's me. The other guy.

That's the last loss UNI can take before Sunday in StL and that loss on Sunday would have to be against Loyola or Bradley as both of them would be solid Quad 2s.

In that scenario UNI is either in Dayton (which isn't all bad especially from a money perspective) or a #1 seed in the NIT that gets to play in Cedar Falls all the way to New York. I think they're that close to the line.

UNI is a year ahead of schedule so the next two have a real chance to be even better than this year.
Honestly I’m not too concerned. Get Burhow healthy and UNI will be fine. Neutral court games are also where they excel

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
It's me. The other guy.

Amazing how simple the game can be when you've got guys that can flat out shoot the ball from distance. They definitely should be better next year, and good enough for an at large bid, but they just have such a small margin for error in the current MVC.

Drake game will be tough, as they have been really good at the Knapp Center.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It takes a special person to bring down other teams when your team is having a crap year

It takes a special person to think theirs will only lose 1 or 2 games entering a 30 game basketball schedule.

These are called Iowa Hawkeye fans.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
It's me. The other guy.

Do you think Pickford will ever get back to where he was freshmen year? I thought he was going to be an absolute stud in the Valley after that first season in Cedar Falls.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Do you think Pickford will ever get back to where he was freshmen year? I thought he was going to be an absolute stud in the Valley after that first season in Cedar Falls.

I think the injuries have just derailed him. He came in pretty close to his ceiling anyway and the nasty ankle injury took away a lot of his explosiveness. That said, I think he's a bit underutilized and should consistently be in the 25 minute range because of his ability to play defense and rebound. I'd like to see more of him and less Haldeman.

I absolutely abhor the term 'glue guy' but that's just what he is and is going to be from here on out.

• Informative
Reactions: CyPunch

Help Support Us

Become a patron