NET Rankings

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I know its early and NET rankings aren't perfect but we come in at #204 in the second version of the NET rankings (up from #209!) behind powerhouses like California Baptist, Ball State, Holy Cross, Sacramento State, and many, many others.

I knew we had fallen but hard to imagine we've fallen this far.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I know its early and NET rankings aren't perfect but we come in at #204 in the second version of the NET rankings (up from #209!) behind powerhouses like California Baptist, Ball State, Holy Cross, Sacramento State, and many, many others.

The committee won't be able to just rely on NET this year because they are going to be trash. The disparity between OOC schedules will completely throw off the algorithm just like you saw with the Sagarin football rankings.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Exactly 25 spots higher than UNLV

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Never understood the dominatrix fetish. I do see there are several in our fan base who must enjoy it though.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
we're not the worst P5!

Washington is, I believe at 239

Reactions: NENick

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Never understood the dominatrix fetish. I do see there are several in our fan base who must enjoy it though.

Yeah I saw these yesterday and just moved on.

Reactions: cyputz

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it

nfL.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Farnsworth

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
yeah NET is trash right now and for the most part is crappy in general. It is only slightly better than RPI.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mikeiastat

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
Nothing dumber than freaking out about NET rankings 7 games into a rebuilding year marred by Covid fits and starts. And with all the games canceled. When exactly did you expect all these new guys to Gell and dominate the early rankings?

News flash its gonna be a rough year. Worst possible timing to have all these new faces. Either focus on growth or maybe its time to find a different hobby until things are back to normal.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cloneon

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Nothing dumber than freaking out about NET rankings 7 games into a rebuilding year marred by Covid fits and starts. And with all the games canceled. When exactly did you expect all these new guys to Gell and dominate the early rankings?

News flash its gonna be a rough year. Worst possible timing to have all these new faces. Either focus on growth or maybe its time to find a different hobby until things are back to normal.

Nothing dumber than making more excuses. We've seen that 3 out of the last 4 years with the program.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
We're not the 200th best (worst?) team, but I wouldn't put us in the top 50 either.

BT has us #111, KenPom has us #92, Team Rankings has us #108, and ESPN BPI has us #78

Those are pretty reasonable, if a broad range right now.

It is a mean of #97.25.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I mean, nobody else deals with players leaving or COVID right?!?!??!

Right. But I get what he is saying. There are reasons why we suck. But, for me, I'm tired of them. Prohm's first basement finish in the Big 12 was to be expected after he lost all of Fred's players and had to make the program his. That's excusable.

But finishing 9-9 in the conference and getting upset in the first round of the NCAA tournament with Halliburton, THT, and other decent pieces was frustrating. And then last year finishing in the basement again was frustrating but we were resetting again. This year, a couple of key guys from last year and more talent brought in this year, and we are looking at another basement finish in the conference.

Once - ok, it is what it is.
Twice - concerning
Three times - a trend

When does it end? If the answer is it doesn't, that's concerning.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron