• Yes

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 100 60.6%

• Total voters

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Lady two homes down is on cat #3...first two she let roam around at night...she thinks someone catnapped both of them. Given the number of coyotes running around, I suspect both were scooby snacks. Keep the cats in the house.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
People so willing to kill a cat...guess it probably was a good idea to increase the penalties for those animal cruelty laws.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Cats tend to **** in my kids sandbox instead of the yard. Much worse in my mind.

But as with any pets, are the owners just letting them wander around without trying to contain them, or are they just occasionally getting out? I just think that there should be a reasonable attempt by the owner to keep their pet in their own yard, regardless of what kind of animal it is. Whether that's a fence, physical or invisible, or some sort of tie out.

Our neighbors just let them out with no attempt to keep them in their yard. One of them even commented to me how much they must annoy my dog. I didn’t even know what to say at that point.

Im not taking a .22 to them in the middle of Ankeny. Someone took a pellet gun to one recently though so we’ve either got a future serial killer or someone just as annoyed as I am.

Last edited:
Reactions: BACyclone

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Lady two homes down is on cat #3...first two she let roam around at night...she thinks someone catnapped both of them. Given the number of coyotes running around, I suspect both were scooby snacks. Keep the cats in the house.
Yeah given the number of missing cats on next door..,

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
There's nothing like coming home to the smell of a cat having sprayed its scent all over my porch and front door because it knows my cat is inside.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
People so willing to kill a cat...guess it probably was a good idea to increase the penalties for those animal cruelty laws.
Also a good idea to increase the penalty for letting your animals roam at-large...which is illegal in most cities.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
It doesn't bother me but I've never experienced anything posted in this thread. Growing up we always had a cat that roamed the neighborhood and we do now, it's like an unofficial mascot. They are fixed and don't f with stuff.

We currently also have a dog that roams the neighborhood but everyone knows and loves her. She doesn't leave the cul-de-sac and always just lounges in her yard unless she knows you and you are out, then she'll come visit.

Our street seems very unique on a lot of things though.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
It doesn't bother me but I've never experienced anything posted in this thread. Growing up we always had a cat that roamed the neighborhood and we do now, it's like an unofficial mascot. They are fixed and don't f with stuff.

We currently also have a dog that roams the neighborhood but everyone knows and loves her. She doesn't leave the cul-de-sac and always just lounges in her yard unless she knows you and you are out, then she'll come visit.

I just have like 10th generation flood cats that run around and have loud sex at night.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I really feel bad for people who think it's ok to let's cats roam free. You obviously aren't well read or give a damn about wildlife..
Not a lot of wildlife in my neighborhood in town other than squirrels and rabbits. I don’t see those becoming endangered anytime soon. And most domesticated animals don’t have the instinct to hunt.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Saw my neighbor pin a stray to the ground in his backyard with his compound bow in his boxers at 530AM with no warning whatsoever. Pretty damn awesome to watch.

"Funny" story I think you will like. An old co-worker had a neighborhood dog - something small-ish and cute - that would rile up his dog in his yard. So he took a crossbow and shot the dog. The part you will love is the dog dragged itself home and died on his owners porch. My coworker was arrested. Does that get you off?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Quite literally, the only time my dog barks is at the ******* cats.

@discydisc you can call this optimistic but it’s the truth. He cowers away at any dog out there. He’s a 100 lb sissy. My SIL’s 4.5 lb dog bosses him around but he does not like cats up in his territory.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

I wish ours wouldn’t leave if we let him out. Everyone that meets him is smitten. How can you not be? We got him when he was two-ish so he’s beyond training to not leave. He loves people and any other dog but he will cower at almost anything, even at 103 lbs. The shelter said he was the only dog they could leave out with any of the other 45ish other dogs. He also spent some time in the clink down in Clarinda as a prison dog.

15B5C9F8-3856-4839-BE35-B5DC039970ED.jpeg 67BD248E-4BDE-41AA-BA5A-D86E74119AA2.jpeg 911938E4-8434-45FE-BA13-B6A0BB8F0026.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: cstrunk

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I wish ours wouldn’t leave if we let him out. Everyone that meets him is smitten. How can you not be? We got him when he was two-ish so he’s beyond training to not leave. He loves people and any other dog but he will cower at almost anything, even at 103 lbs. The shelter said he was the only dog they could leave out with any of the other 45ish other dogs. He also spent some time in the clink down in Clarinda as a prison dog.

View attachment 72717 View attachment 72720 View attachment 72721

MAJOR league cudllepup right there....

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Not a lot of wildlife in my neighborhood in town other than squirrels and rabbits. I don’t see those becoming endangered anytime soon. And most domesticated animals don’t have the instinct to hunt.
No Birds? Weird neighborhood.