NBCSN shutting down

td4isu

Oct 12, 2012
Chicago, IL
Hoping this doesn't extend to the RSNs. Would be less than ideal to lose NBCSN Chicago after already not being able to get the Cubs on Youtube TV through Marquee.

• Winner
Reactions: ZJohnson

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I watch a good deal of the track and field coverage. I know a lot of people who were excited about their EPL partnership
Wasn't most of their T&F content on the Olympic channel also owned by NBC/Comcast?

Are they moving NBCSN content to their Peacock streaming service?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I enjoy watching Footvolley on the NBCSN channels. Hopefully those don't go away completely.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Yeah, Premier League and NHL fans won’t be happy about this. I assume this means that they’ll probably move all of that content over to Peacock.

Could be USA or Peacock, depending on how "big" the event is perceived to be.

Besides soccer and hockey, they'll need a home for IndyCar, NASCAR, and the Tour de France.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I am not a huge hockey fan, but I did enjoy watching hockey games on there occasionally. Other than that, I didn't watch it at all, Maybe it is just me, but I felt that NBC's picture quality for sports always seemed to be a bit better than everyone else. Hockey on NBCSN had great picture quality. I always thought for sports the best picture quality was NBC followed by CBS, then ABC, with Fox being the lowest. Fox for some reason always seemed a bit grainy and the colors were not as vivid.

• Agree
Reactions: Nothingman

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I mean when the Olympics happen, pretty sure they put it on every single channel that NBC owns

There was a rumor two days ago that the Olympic committee is thinking about pulling the plug on the summer Olympics again, and the Japanese government supports cancelling and trying for 2032. This would just be fuel for that rumor, IMO, since NBC has been keeping NBCSN alive for the Olympics ratings boost.

Last edited:

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Hoping this doesn't put the Premier League behind a subscription..

My guess is they will probably put a game or two on USA on Saturday/Sunday mornings and the rest will be on Peacock. As a Fulham fan, I’m already paying for Peacock so it won’t bother me too much, but I’m sure the more casual soccer fans will lose their **** over this.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Just watched the CBJ game on NBCSN last night. I’d be really happy if ESPN got back in to the hockey business. That was my childhood. Do bee doo bee do