Naz Long

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
I've said this before, but we are a completely different and better team when Naz is making shots. Gives us a spark we normally don't have.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I liked Naz' leadership on the floor a lot more than Mel's poor body language from the bench down the stretch. Hope E gets his mojo back.

Agree with you about Ejim but opt to focus on the positive! It is so awesome to watch a young player like Naz emerge before our eyes. You can now see that he and Monte Morris will be LEADERS in the years to come...

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
3sus of Nazareth resurrects the Clones again!

Literally (at least as far as OSU is concerned) this was the 2nd coming.

His name might be Nazareth Long, but he should be referred to as 3sus of Nazareth!

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Naz is one of our best players @ hilton one our worst on the road. Nothing against him though. Won the game for us today

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Re: The Naz 3

NazLong3TieIowaStOSU.gif

Last edited:

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

Lol. I just watched Naz's other game tying 3 in the game @OSU with that one on Cyclone TV

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Anyone else notice that the score for both games when Naz hit the big 3 was 68-71?

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012

I thought that shot beat the shot at OSU. That was a tough shot. I wonder if Naz has some form of special help from beyond. Maybe he is a fast prayer.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Naz is one of our best players @ hilton one our worst on the road. Nothing against him though. Won the game for us today

Ummm Who came up big at Ok St earlier this yr?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3sus of Nazareth!

Disagree, just look to the last road game. Naz with Great Defense and 3-6 from 3. (Naz has played good D all yr regardless of O). Just cause he wasn't asked to produce late at Baylor didn't mean he didn't show up.

Not calling anyone out, but Naz Long and Monte Morris seem to get better when the game is on the line and the lights are brighter. Those 2 kids have never met a moment that was too big for them, at least in my observation. Those boys are clutch.

Listen Kane, Ejim and Niang want the ball too late in games and that is great, but it almost appears to me that you throw stats out the window with Naz and Morris in clutch situations, cause those boys will raise their game as the the situatuion calls for it. (And no there probably aren't STATS for that)

Last edited:

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
The funny thing is he missed his easiest shot of the day with that wide open 3 in the corner that would of given us the lead in regulation.

I guess he should only be taking closely guarded threes.

It's because he wayyy overthought the shot. You could see he looked down to the line to see if he was behind, look at the basket to see where it is, and then think his way through the shot. You can't do that.

When he rises up with confidence and without thinking, he will hit it every-time. I guarantee it.