Nate Glantz commits

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Freshman from Iowa city. Not sure if they're trolling or not about him being good.
No, what Ive seriously heard. Marv’s kid.

Also, may mean several things than he’s good. Someone may not be as strong, or speed of picking up the play book or other things.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Which JUCO did he play for?
I love these commits from Iowa Western. They're a top flight juco (and juco isn't full of talent like it used to be).

Having said that though at Iowa State, it will always be our bread and butter finding highly rated 3 stars and developing them to be studs. Many of the best juco prospects to me can be comparable to a hs highly rated 3 *. We should always be active in the juco market in my opinion. Being a short drive from Iowa Western to Ames this just makes sense. Keep the pipeline rolling.

Over the years the juco market has been very good to us and I think we have gotten away from it. Guys like Tuba Rubin, Tim Dobbins, and Josh Knipfel were all studs for us. Some of the jucos flame out but it's a smart calculated risk I think to take one or two each year.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Which JUCO did he play for?
Here is the recent news article I linked on Jacob Ellis.

His father played in the NFL. His grandfather was heavyweight champion and 1-1 against Ali as an amateur (see the posts below the one linked).

Excellent gets, both. Congratulations guys!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa Western won JUCO natty in 2012 and runner up in 2014 and 2021, sign me up for the IWCC to ISU PWO pipe.
Strohmeier is a very good JUCO coach. (All I’ve known him to coach so I can’t speak about other levels). He had NIACC shooting up before they decided to dissolve the team and add wrestling.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I love these commits from Iowa Western. They're a top flight juco (and juco isn't full of talent like it used to be).

Having said that though at Iowa State, it will always be our bread and butter finding highly rated 3 stars and developing them to be studs. Many of the best juco prospects to me can be comparable to a hs highly rated 3 *. We should always be active in the juco market in my opinion. Being a short drive from Iowa Western to Ames this just makes sense. Keep the pipeline rolling.

Over the years the juco market has been very good to us and I think we have gotten away from it. Guys like Tuba Rubin, Tim Dobbins, and Josh Knipfel were all studs for us. Some of the jucos flame out but it's a smart calculated risk I think to take one or two each year.

As you yourself said, the quality of juco recruits has gone way down since the days of Tim Dobbins and Tuba Rubin. Hutchinson was an exception to the rule, but those exceptions are getting harder and harder to find. And I would argue with equating the best jucos to highly rated 3 stars if for no other reason than a highly rated 3-star has four or five years of development in the program to get the best out of him, whereas many jucos only have two years. I would compare them more to the lowest 3-star/highest 2 star, where you can still find the occasional gem, but don't count on it too heavily.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017

Don't disagree, but Snyder at KSU made a living off getting good JUCO players from the KS and TX JUCO leagues. Glad to see we pay attention to the better JUCO kids at IWCC.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015

So we got the JUCO offensive and defensive player of the year in the same night

I've got a good feeling about this young man. Not only is he the JUCO defensive player of the year, his coach raves about his off the field habits (4.0 GPA). His dad played tight end for Ohio State and Cleveland Browns, and his grandfather was the boxing heavyweight champion until he lost to Joe Frazier.

His highlight video looks really good. Very fast and very physical.

93CloneMoves

Sep 9, 2021
Grimes, IA
I find this very interesting, guy is clearly good enough to play somewhere and he comes here as a PWO. I have no doubt he will have a chance to compete for the job but very surprised. Never can have too many options at qb.
He had offers from San Jose St, UNI, Abilene Christian maybe a few other FCS. He was going to commit on 12/8 then decided to wait until after the JUCO National Championship on 12/17. He went out and flopped. He had a fumble on a scramble while they were down 10, then a pick on the next drive. They got blown out. They were never really in it and he got exposed. His reads aren’t good, he’s athletic and was able to rely on that against teams like Ellsworth. None of the offers were commitable after he put the decision off. He got PWO offers from us and Nebraska last week. Coach Jordon, QB coach, is from IWCC, so there’s a connect with Coach Stro.

Hes just depth at the spot but don’t see him competing seriously for the job.

CyFanInChiLand

Jul 14, 2009
New Orleans
He had offers from San Jose St, UNI, Abilene Christian maybe a few other FCS. He was going to commit on 12/8 then decided to wait until after the JUCO National Championship on 12/17. He went out and flopped. He had a fumble on a scramble while they were down 10, then a pick on the next drive. They got blown out. They were never really in it and he got exposed. His reads aren’t good, he’s athletic and was able to rely on that against teams like Ellsworth. None of the offers were commitable after he put the decision off. He got PWO offers from us and Nebraska last week. Coach Jordon, QB coach, is from IWCC, so there’s a connect with Coach Stro.

Hes just depth at the spot but don’t see him competing seriously for the job.

At least we damn well hope he's not competing for a starting role! If he is there are some pretty large issues on the horizon.

Reactions: 93CloneMoves

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron