Nashville-

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
There is too many food places to name and also depends on budget.

Concerning bars, just start at lower Broadway and make your way up the street till you find one that fits your style. Also, venture away from Broadway into some of the other areas of town (Vandy/Belmont Area, The Gulch, East End. Belle Meade, Franklin, Brentwood, etc)

I love the Johnny Cash Museum, Preds Hockey game is next level, and Belle Meade Distillery which I didn't see posted by anyone else.

Reactions: FatNTired

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
In Nashville for the Weekend- Broadway Street-
Help me out Cyclones-
What bars to hit?
Any fun Bars, that might be slightly off the main drag?
Hole in the wall joints for breakfasts?
Do’s, Don’ts, ?
Any other tips?
Places for cheap Beer?

If you want cheap beer and karaoke you should check out Santa’s pub. It’s near downtown, the guy that runs it looks like Santa and it’s decorated like Christmas year round.

Reactions: FatNTired

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
Help me out Cyclones-
What bars to hit?
Do’s, Don’ts, ?
Any other tips?
Places for cheap Beer?

Hit up Midtown, specifically Winners and Losers, if you want to see the next generation of singers and songwriters. Plus drinks are much cheaper than Broadway.

Nashvilleguru is also a good website that breaks down neighborhoods by restaurants and bars. Also has a happy hour and events list.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Help me out Cyclones-
What bars to hit?
Do’s, Don’ts, ?
Any other tips?
Places for cheap Beer?
I've lived in east nashville since 2015

IMO broadway sucks. locals never go there unless they are entertaining visiting friends that insist on going down there. If you must go out downtown Roberts western world is the only place i go. real (old) country music where you can find older folks that can actually dance. Cheap beer and cheap food. If you MUST go out on broadway I'd recommend day drinking down there. you can actually see some good local musicians playing at a reasonable volume. At night, its a competition to see who can play country covers the loudest.

keep in mind, no bars will have a cover to see live music. As a trade off, you will be expected to tip the band when the bucket comes around. don't be a jerk.

If you can get into a show at station inn do it. in a few years it will surely be some sort of ******** condos/mixed use unit. cool venue with a lot of history. bluebird cafe is another to try. most shows sell out and it is really out of the way from downtown.

one thing that really sucks about this city is there is almost zero public transport and the city is spread out in little pockets of fun that you can't get to unless you take an uber which will add up over a weekend.

If you end up out at the opry, there's a bar called the palace that is pretty cool. when i've been there, there has been a live band taking requests for tips. but it's way the **** out from downtown.

IMO hot chicken is overrated. its good, but fried chicken is almost always good. this is just hotter. not worth standing in line for 30min. if you go to boltons its ******* hot. like no joking around type of heat.

Drifters has a life changing corndog. located in 5pts where you can stumble around to about 10 bars on foot if you are so inclined. 5pts pizza is there too which is really good. they sell by the slice, but i'd recommend dining in if possible. full pizza has been better for whatever reason.

dino's has the best burger and fries for the money in town. Are there better burgers? probably, but this one is like 6 bucks and i have yet to have better fries.

for a fancy meal, husk was divine when i went there.

My favorite breweries are bearded iris (specialize in hazy IPA's) and smith and lentz (specialize in reg IPA's). obviously I like IPA's. Plus smith and lentz has some pretty damn good wood fired pizza (with a honey drizzle).

if you wanted a fuller taste of nashville you could start at Dee's country cocktail lounge (live music) in madison and bar craw all the way back downtown. There are probably 20+ bars between Dee's and downtown all right on gallitan road.

my favorite bar is mickeys. it is just a hole in the wall bar. old karokee machine. no live music. no trivia. no sports on tv. its just a bar. pool and darts. excellent whiskey, bourbon, scotch selection that you won't find cheaper, if you are into that type of drink.

inglewood lounge is a really cool tiny cocktail lounge

dive motel is a really unique bar/hotel

peddle taverns are stupid.

lane motor museum is really cool. i don't even like cars, but it was pretty bad ass.

mothers ruin is a cool bar, but get there early as it will be packed.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I've lived in east nashville since 2015

IMO broadway sucks. locals never go there unless they are entertaining visiting friends that insist on going down there. If you must go out downtown Roberts western world is the only place i go. real (old) country music where you can find older folks that can actually dance. Cheap beer and cheap food. If you MUST go out on broadway I'd recommend day drinking down there. you can actually see some good local musicians playing at a reasonable volume. At night, its a competition to see who can play country covers the loudest.

keep in mind, no bars will have a cover to see live music. As a trade off, you will be expected to tip the band when the bucket comes around. don't be a jerk.

If you can get into a show at station inn do it. in a few years it will surely be some sort of ******** condos/mixed use unit. cool venue with a lot of history. bluebird cafe is another to try. most shows sell out and it is really out of the way from downtown.

one thing that really sucks about this city is there is almost zero public transport and the city is spread out in little pockets of fun that you can't get to unless you take an uber which will add up over a weekend.

If you end up out at the opry, there's a bar called the palace that is pretty cool. when i've been there, there has been a live band taking requests for tips. but it's way the **** out from downtown.

IMO hot chicken is overrated. its good, but fried chicken is almost always good. this is just hotter. not worth standing in line for 30min. if you go to boltons its ******* hot. like no joking around type of heat.

Drifters has a life changing corndog. located in 5pts where you can stumble around to about 10 bars on foot if you are so inclined. 5pts pizza is there too which is really good. they sell by the slice, but i'd recommend dining in if possible. full pizza has been better for whatever reason.

dino's has the best burger and fries for the money in town. Are there better burgers? probably, but this one is like 6 bucks and i have yet to have better fries.

for a fancy meal, husk was divine when i went there.

My favorite breweries are bearded iris (specialize in hazy IPA's) and smith and lentz (specialize in reg IPA's). obviously I like IPA's. Plus smith and lentz has some pretty damn good wood fired pizza (with a honey drizzle).

if you wanted a fuller taste of nashville you could start at Dee's country cocktail lounge (live music) in madison and bar craw all the way back downtown. There are probably 20+ bars between Dee's and downtown all right on gallitan road.

my favorite bar is mickeys. it is just a hole in the wall bar. old karokee machine. no live music. no trivia. no sports on tv. its just a bar. pool and darts. excellent whiskey, bourbon, scotch selection that you won't find cheaper, if you are into that type of drink.

inglewood lounge is a really cool tiny cocktail lounge

dive motel is a really unique bar/hotel

peddle taverns are stupid.

lane motor museum is really cool. i don't even like cars, but it was pretty bad ass.

mothers ruin is a cool bar, but get there early as it will be packed.

This is really good advice.

"keep in mind, no bars will have a cover to see live music. As a trade off, you will be expected to tip the band when the bucket comes around. don't be a jerk."

I really like visiting Nashville and just walking around until I find a band that sounds like what I want to hear. It is a great environment to visit, even if the locals don't. The bands play near the sidewalk, so it is easy to hear/see them. You just go in. No cover. But buy some drinks and be generous when the tip jar comes around.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Monell's in Germantown, just north of downtown. Best southern family-style cooking I've had. Breakfast is great, so is dinner. All you can eat. Fried chicken served all day. You will not leave hungry and you will not be sorry you went!

Don't drink too much of the lemonade and then plan to read the Tennessee state history on the walk back to your hotel. You'll come dangerously close to desecrating a President's grave. So good though.

Pancake Pantry was also good but it's been 9 yrs? 10 yrs? So IDK if still as good now.

Reactions: Buster28

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
All I remember about Nashville is...

1. Traffic was a nightmare near Broadway.
  2. Went off hours to hatty B's for hot chicken and was not dissapointed
  3. I had a bushwhacker and it was good but only had one
  4. Checked out hermitage to justify drinking and eating the other 99%
  5. Took an hour treck to the Corvette museum in Bowling Green
  6. Craft beer places were below average compared to most northern states but good for the south. Bearded Iris and Southern Grist were ok. Yazoo sucked.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Never been to Nashville.

I thought Vegas was ‘ok’. Ridiculously expensive. “Drinking for free while gambling” is the biggest Vegas myth there is.

Never enough time to do all of the things people recommend. Everyone I know who likes it has frequented and is basically an expert on how to navigate/find things to do. Probably makes it much more enjoyable, but I’ll never get to that point.

I’m sure it’s similar for Nashville. Unless you’re a frequent visitor you just have to get lucky and make sure the things you choose to do in your time there fit your style.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
All I remember about Nashville is...

1. Traffic was a nightmare near Broadway.
  2. Went off hours to hatty B's for hot chicken and was not dissapointed
  3. I had a bushwhacker and it was good but only had one
  4. Checked out hermitage to justify drinking and eating the other 99%
  5. Took an hour treck to the Corvette museum in Bowling Green
  6. Craft beer places were below average compared to most northern states but good for the south. Bearded Iris and Southern Grist were ok. Yazoo sucked.
Yeah, there are probably 20 breweries here and 8 out of 10 are very underwhelming.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Santa's pub is another odd ball spot to consider. It is literally an old double wide trailer and the bartender looks a bit like santa. Known for karokee and cheap beer. Cash only. Allegedly, a few superstars have popped in to sing a tune.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Eric Church's brat has a tiny tot soccer game this weekend....he canceled Nashville.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron