Nashville-

StevieISU23

Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
In Nashville for the Weekend- Broadway Street-
Help me out Cyclones-
What bars to hit?
Any fun Bars, that might be slightly off the main drag?
Hole in the wall joints for breakfasts?
Do’s, Don’ts, ?
Any other tips?
Places for cheap Beer?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
How old are you and what do you like to do when you go out? That changes the recommendations significantly

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Help me out Cyclones-
What bars to hit?
Do’s, Don’ts, ?
Any other tips?
Places for cheap Beer?

I heard they had some pretty good Country Music acts in Nashville.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
We only stayed one night on our way though town. I don’t think anyone has cheap beer. It was 15 bucks a round for me and my wife everywhere we stopped. Puckets was really good for foods d right off broadway. Just bar hop until you find the vibe you want. Each floor is different at a lot of the big bars. We ended up at Margaritaville of all places by the end of the night because it was pretty chill and we liked the two ladies playing guitar.

There was a pizza place open late like a block off broadway that seemed super good at the time. That might have been because I was drunk though.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Vegas may be great to some, but I didn't enjoy it when I was out there. I'd go to Nashville 10 times out of 10.
Agree 100%. Vegas seems to go through these up's/downs on the strip and last fall was a down.

Nashville has so much more to offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: IASTATE07

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
The "wooo girls" as the locals call them will be in full force. Pedal taverns/buses/etc full of Bachelorette and lady retreats. Unfortunately, the Jersey and Chicgo bro bachelor parties caught on and quickly followed.

Broadway is what it is, about 50 honky tonks bars, bright lights, all walks of life. Great music in many nooks and crannies.

There are some good spots along the Gulch too. Depends on what you like. Pins Mechanical is a spot that's popular right now. Like a Nashville style Stars and Strikes or Fat Cats for adults.

Pinewood Social over by the River southeast of Broadway about 10 min walk is a good breakfast spot. Great place to possibly encounter Music indsutry folks.

Also, the new Assembly Food Hall is a great spot to visit right off of Broadway. All the local spots, cool environment. Right at the base of Alliance Bernstein new HQ.

The town has definitely transitioned to a mini LA. Have fun. Greatest spot on earth to be a single guy.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Good because I thought Vegas was highly overrated last fall

Vegas may be great to some, but I didn't enjoy it when I was out there. I'd go to Nashville 10 times out of 10.

Agree 100%. Vegas seems to go through these up's/downs on the strip and last fall was a down.

Nashville has so much more offer.

Have you been to Nashville lately? It's ******* terrible. Everything that made it charming is gone

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Have you been to Nashville lately? It's ******* terrible. Everything that made it charming is gone

It's ok we don't like the same places. Vegas isn't for me. More for me to do in the Nashville area.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Haven't been to Nashville, but am going in June. I for one would take New Orleans over Vegas every time though.

Reactions: clonesalltheway

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I'm there often and think it's getting better. A lot of the run down areas have gentrified and have their own identity. It does have it's issues with the rapid growth, but it's a great city for whatever occasion.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Help me out Cyclones-
What bars to hit?
Do’s, Don’ts, ?
Any other tips?
Places for cheap Beer?
Monell's in Germantown, just north of downtown. Best southern family-style cooking I've had. Breakfast is great, so is dinner. All you can eat. Fried chicken served all day. You will not leave hungry and you will not be sorry you went!

• Winner
Reactions: cowgirl836

Help Support Us

Become a patron