MSU/ISU Game Thread

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Correct! Heather was knocked into the cheap seats by that drive. The refs held their calls both ways as it should have been.

We can say this now because they ended up missing their shots and we won. If they make that bucket and no charge is called, you can bet we'd never hear the end of it.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
I wonder if Heather's mom made it. Didn't she make the Sweet 16 sign?

On the post-game celebration from last night on cyclones.com, it was a lady in a number 15 warmup that handed the sign out of the stands, so I assume it was Heather's mom.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Coach didn't get bashed in either one of the posts you two are jumping on. The two guys simply asked a question for discussion, not for complaining about the game. Relax, take it easy on your fellow Cyclone fans here. Save it for real complaining.

If he wanted to bring it up today or tomorrow after the celebration had subsided a little bit, that is one thing. But basically he was raining on everyone's parade by bringing it up in the middle of everyone feeling great about an incredible Cyclones' win. Instead, everyone is celebrating and he comes in with, "well, if he had been pressing the entire game maybe the game wouldn't have been so close." That post smacks with an attitude of "nothing is good enough." Like I said, had he waited about 12-24 hours after we had all come down from our high I would probably be willing to listen more to his point - but pointing that out immediately following the win made him look like an arrogant *** and made him sound like nothing anybody does is ever going to be good enough - and there are a lot of those on this board that leave that impression (and I'm sure I don't have to name names).

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I will be looking forward to seeing how we compete with Stanford, to see how good our squad really is. I'm not sure we know yet. We've reached the Elite Eight without having to play a team seeded any better that a #9.
What I was most impressed with last night was our "never give up" attitude, that if we were going to lose, it would be by fighting to the last second. And yes, we got some breaks and luck (Ezell's bank 3, and no calls at the end). But we fought through that last minute in order to take advantage of the breaks.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I will be looking forward to seeing how we compete with Stanford, to see how good our squad really is. I'm not sure we know yet. We've reached the Elite Eight without having to play a team seeded any better that a #9.

Oh come on man...:confused:We're in the Elite 8. We're at least the 8th best team in the country right now.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
If he wanted to bring it up today or tomorrow after the celebration had subsided a little bit, that is one thing. But basically he was raining on everyone's parade by bringing it up in the middle of everyone feeling great about an incredible Cyclones' win. Instead, everyone is celebrating and he comes in with, "well, if he had been pressing the entire game maybe the game wouldn't have been so close." That post smacks with an attitude of "nothing is good enough." Like I said, had he waited about 12-24 hours after we had all come down from our high I would probably be willing to listen more to his point - but pointing that out immediately following the win made him look like an arrogant *** and made him sound like nothing anybody does is ever going to be good enough - and there are a lot of those on this board that leave that impression (and I'm sure I don't have to name names).

Of course, right after the game is when he happened to be analyzing it, and the question came up. I had wondered it myself. It's one of those things that's just there for discussion.

I didn't read a single word in there that made him sound arrogant. Man just had a question.

tellmac

May 10, 2006
I'm having my pre-game snack now. This is different than my pre-pre-game meal, and different than my in-game snack.:wink:

Anyways, here is game info (thanks jaretac!!)

Who: No. 17/19 Iowa State (4 seed) vs. Michigan State (9 seed)
When: Saturday, March 28, 2009 • 8 p.m. (Central)
Where: Berkeley, Calif. • Haas Pavilion (11,877)
Live Stats: Live stats will be available at ncaasports.com
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield: Rich Fellingham (pxp); Molly Parrott (color)
TV: ESPN: Dave Pasch (pxp); Mary Murphy (color); Todd Harris (Sideline)
Webcast: ESPN360.com, Channel Surfing
No Internet radio?

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
No Internet radio?

As a general rule, no (for free streaming radio).

People did get lucky last night and KGYM had it on the air, even though it technically is a violation of the rights granted by the NCAA to broadcast it. IIRC, at least the Ball State game was not.

During the regular season, it would be a violation of rights that ISU grants (through Cyclone Sports Properties and Learfield Sports).

Having said all that, it also does not look like Yahoo is broadcasting the games.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron