Montgomery

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Nagy a one year wonder as head coach, with the best defensive talent in football in the last decade. Seat getting warm already in year 2.Can't be a serious contender with Trubisky at QB, or Chase Daniel for that matter. Tough situation for DM to be in, he gets a lot of sh** too from the fantasy football media, who only know stats and not real football.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
OLine went from solid last year to hot garbage this year with the same players.

Nagys play calling makes no sense at times.

Trubisky is mediocre, I think his ceiling is Jay Cutler in his prime. He has all the tools but goes gun slinger too often.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Trubisky is mediocre, I think his ceiling is Jay Cutler in his prime. He has all the tools but goes gun slinger too often.
I just want to reach through the TV and wring Nagy's neck when he puts Patterson in at RB on third or fourth and short.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Big Bears fan.
Monty hasn't gotten the ball in space much, if at all. Nagy looking for answers and it's right in front of him in David.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
I just want to reach through the TV and wring Nagy's neck when he puts Patterson in at RB on third or fourth and short.

He uses Patterson way to much. He’s basically Hester in a bigger body. Super fast, bad hands, cant run a route tree. Everybody knows what he’s doing when he’s in there.

DM and Cohen should line up in the backfield every play, move them around as needed presnap. Both are dynamic playmakers but he wastes plays on hacks like Shaheen and Patterson.

• Agree
Reactions: HitItHard58

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

Trubisky has a ways to go to get to the level of cutler but a better comparison might be the olines that each has had to deal with. Cutler was on his back more than any qb of his time and Mitch doesn’t exactly have a good line blocking for him either. You can see in the clips vs the redskins, the bears online was getting blown up left and right. They were downright awful. They weren’t much better against the viqueens or the packers either and the raiders had them for lunch

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The block that chuck Bruce throws on the play that starts at 13:00 is a thing of beauty. He takes out two defensive linemen (who blew up long all game) and leaves long standing there like “damn”

Wow. Just wow! Montgomery literally puts two d-linemen on the ground while his o-lineman teammate just stands there with nothing to do!

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Hey, Long is out, so that's addition by subtraction (unfortunately, that guy just can't stay effective and healthy). Until we trade or draft an actual quarterback I say we just do a triple option with Patterson and Cohen in the back and Montgomery under center.

Your first two points I 100% agree on, though that last line is a slap in the face to the greatness of Smokin' Jay Cutler. Trubisky can't gunsling, he's just a one-read wonder.

Reactions: cdface

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
The block that chuck Bruce throws on the play that starts at 13:00 is a thing of beauty. He takes out two defensive linemen (who blew up long all game) and leaves long standing there like “damn”
Solid.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron