Mods could do a better job with threads/posters

kcbob79clone

The latest positive Covid thread has suffered the same fate as others. And I've been told in no uncertain terms not to start another one. The usual suspects have sabotaged the threads, and the mods know who they are. Have they been reprimanded as I have been? Why can't the mods suspend these serial violators? Why can't the posts be deleted before the spark turns into a wildfire?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Just delete the Cave and stay out of any thread not strictly limited to sports. Online forums in general just aren't the place to go for a balanced discussion, and that really goes for both sides of the argument. You'll be much happier if you just come here for your sports...

About a month ago I took a step back and realized I was putting genuine time and effort into trying to sway the position of some nameless, faceless person I am likely to never meet. It's not worth your time or effort...

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Starting a thread calling out the mods seems like a bold move.
Especially when the definition of "serial violators" is concerned. Most of the issues were created by "positive posters" who decided to inject personal views into their posts rather than just posting links and information. This in turn led, not surprisingly to anyone, to those who Bob would undoubtedly consider serial violators to do things. To his credit, Bob didn't generally engage in that , unlike some of his brethren, who undoubtedly would not be considered violators by old postive Bob. You reap what you sow, Bob. And yes, I think the Mods do know who "they" (the true violators) are.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I want to start a thread about the weather, but nobody is allowed to talk about rain. Only sunny weather...maybe partly cloudy...and snow... but only accumulations of less than 2 inches... and wind, as long as it doesn't rise above a stiff breeze. People just want to discuss the forecast without having people ruin it by bringing up bad weather.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've noticed this too for a while. Its always the same 10-15 idiots crapping the thread on whatever political topic it is. I gave up on reporting personal attacks because nothing was being done about them. The rules might be posted for everyone to follow, but currently I'm not seeing any evidence of enforcement.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Just delete the Cave and stay out of any thread not strictly limited to sports. Online forums in general just aren't the place to go for a balanced discussion, and that really goes for both sides of the argument. You'll be much happier if you just come here for your sports...

About a month ago I took a step back and realized I was putting genuine time and effort into trying to sway the position of some nameless, faceless person I am likely to never meet. It's not worth your time or effort...

At the same time, the **** measuring contests are always entertaining

yowza

Jun 2, 2016

And even if they are not nameless it is futile 99% of the time. Just look at Facebook when it is people you do know. People have their minds made up on pretty much everything.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I've noticed this too for a while. Its always the same 10-15 idiots crapping the thread on whatever political topic it is. I gave up on reporting personal attacks because nothing was being done about them. The rules might be posted for everyone to follow, but currently I'm not seeing any evidence of enforcement.
Amen.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

i'll admit i have taken some troll bait before, but i got off facebook. only have sports people/local news on my twitter feed, and stopped responding to people who speak in absolutes. i realized not every disagreement needs to be an invitation to argue.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You should see what's reported to us some times.

Long story short, there isn't enough time to catch everything and what could start out as good discussion or even fact checking debate turns into a pissing match.
5GnFu9J.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I want to start a thread about the weather, but nobody is allowed to talk about rain. Only sunny weather...maybe partly cloudy...and snow... but only accumulations of less than 2 inches... and wind, as long as it doesn't rise above a stiff breeze. People just want to discuss the forecast without having people ruin it by bringing up bad weather.
supa-dupa-2.gif

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Also

"My political party is invested in denying negative realities. Here, let me start a thread that disallows posting negative realities. This is totally coincidental though and my thread definitely isn't political and should be outside the politics forum"

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I've often wondered how much traffic the Cave must get for Chris and the mods to put up with all that. It must be a lot to not just pull the plug on the whole thing...

The cave is opt in and not seeable by anybody who is not logged in so...

there are far more issues in the threads that pretend to be non-political that exist outside the cave

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron