Missing NW Iowa Men

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Probably fine as long as you don't go stepping on another accountants territory.
My wife is a CPA, and I can assure you that a CPA turf war is brutal. I would love for her to get out of the game so I can stop looking over my shoulder every time I leave the house, but let's be real, once you are in the CPA life, there's only really one way out.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
After loading the pigs, he stops at the Marker 126 truck stop on Highway 20, just east of Ft Dodge.
It says they can see him on video there and he's there for 16 minutes.
What's interesting is that then they say his cell records show he then goes straight to old 71, where they find his truck the next day.
Very possible they aren't releasing all information, but it's strange if his cell location doesn't show that he turned south off 20 toward Sac City first, and then stop/turn around.
Makes me think that someone got in his truck with him at the truck stop.

The roadblock theory doesn't work to me in this scenario. I feel like that scenario would have had to have happened on a gravel road, or highway shortly after he loaded the pigs. Even that late at night, highway 20 would be too busy to do something like that.
I think you and @Al_4_State have this figured out pretty well. I would put my money on this theory.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think you and @Al_4_State have this figured out pretty well. I would put my money on this theory.
Yeah, I threw the roadblock thing out as an explanation to the vehicle just parked in the road way.

The more I think about the truck stop, 16 minutes is a long time to be there with a load of live hogs. I'm thinking it's likely that someone followed him there, confronted him, and then either he drove under duress to the point where the truck was left, or he was taken at that point and someone else drove the truck to the spot where it was found.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
My wife is a CPA, and I can assure you that a CPA turf war is brutal. I would love for her to get out of the game so I can stop looking over my shoulder every time I leave the house, but let's be real, once you are in the CPA life, there's only really one way out.

When you stop looking is when I finally get you!

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah, I threw the roadblock thing out as an explanation to the vehicle just parked in the road way.

The more I think about the truck stop, 16 minutes is a long time to be there with a load of live hogs. I'm thinking it's likely that someone followed him there, confronted him, and then either he drove under duress to the point where the truck was left, or he was taken at that point and someone else drove the truck to the spot where it was found.
Yeah,truckers can get fired for stopping with a load. Takes an hour at least to cool/calm down a load once loaded. You have specific packer times and they don’t like deviation from them.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Yeah,truckers can get fired for stopping with a load. Takes an hour at least to cool/calm down a load once loaded. You have specific packer times and they don’t like deviation from them.
According to the media he was hauling feeder pigs. And we all know the media never gets anything wrong. Also, he would’ve been well within the time/temp parameters to make a short stop I believe even if he had butchers.

ljm4cy

Apr 26, 2014

According to a Google search, the truck stop is closed between 10 PM and 5 AM, so 16 minutes would be a long time to be just sitting there. If someone followed him there there should be video of that. Otherwise, something could have happened elsewhere.

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
I do hope we find some restitution in this case. If what some people here are speculating what happened here would be an incredible brazen move here in Iowa and one that wouldn’t be taken lightly.

• Agree
Reactions: ljm4cy

nb06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2007
Anyone heard any updates on this?

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
After reading 23andme horror stories on Reddit and this popping back up.

Harder to do now but there were many stories of people faking their death or straight up disappearing and going to a completely new part of the country and starting over.

People realizing this is the case when they have half siblings popping up in random parts of the country after doing a DNA test.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Can you give some examples? I haven’t been following along lately.
I think the consensus of locals is that the way the wife publicly represents the marriage does not match the facts and that law enforcement is aware of this.

My personal view talking with people from that area over Christmas, is that the driver came into a lot of someone else's cash that night and he and another person made the decision to run off with it.

Marriage is hard, divorce is expensive. He just hopped in the car of his favorite lot lizard and left.

Reactions: tyrelrobert

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I think the consensus of locals is that the way the wife publicly represents the marriage does not match the facts and that law enforcement is aware of this.

My personal view talking with people from that area over Christmas, is that the driver came into a lot of someone else's cash that night and he and another person made the decision to run off with it.

Marriage is hard, divorce is expensive. He just hopped in the car of his favorite lot lizard and left.

I would love to see data on how often this actually happens.

Seems like this is considered in a lot of True Crime stories, but in those cherry picked stories, they clearly always end up dead. I have no context of how often people are actually running off.

I think it'd be odd that the authorities suspect foul play from the start for this "run away" theory to be true.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I would love to see data on how often this actually happens.

Seems like this is considered in a lot of True Crime stories, but in those cherry picked stories, they clearly always end up dead. I have no context of how often people are actually running off.

I think it'd be odd that the authorities suspect foul play from the start for this "run away" theory to be true.
Keep in mind that law enforcement has not told the public everything that they know. For example, what happened in the 16 minute stop at the closed truck stop in Fort Dodge. There were cameras.

They may still suspect foul play, but as far as we know, have no evidence of any.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Any updates anyone is aware of via Facebook or otherwise?

Latest news story I can find is from early March about the reward being increased.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Hopefully this gets covered by LordonARTS or The Lore Lodge on YT.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I have some family from the Sac City area.
They just told me they found David Schultz’s body about 100 yards from his truck in a field.

Anyone else hearing this? I’m not seeing it reported anywhere.
Sometimes the rumor mill up there isn’t the most reliable ha

• Wow
Reactions: Acylum