Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

kcbob79clone

More Covid Therapeutics News - University of Texas study on inhaled niclosamide as a potentially effective antiviral treatment for Covid

kcbob79clone

Earliest vaccine likely won't be available by mid-year next year:

Here's a good summary of most of the major companies developing vaccines. Most of the companies are producing the vaccine now in large quantities and are promising that when approval is granted they will be ready to rollout large quantities. For example AstraZeneca has agreed to supply more than 2 billion doses globally, anticipating delivery of 400 million doses before the end of 2020. The FDA also said it could issue an emergency use authorization (EUA) for a COVID-19 vaccine, but that it would be decided on a case-by-case basis.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Here's a good summary of most of the major companies developing vaccines. Most of the companies are producing the vaccine now in large quantities and are promising that when approval is granted they will be ready to rollout large quantities. For example AstraZeneca has agreed to supply more than 2 billion doses globally, anticipating delivery of 400 million doses before the end of 2020. The FDA also said it could issue an emergency use authorization (EUA) for a COVID-19 vaccine, but that it would be decided on a case-by-case basis.

That all is best-case scenario, yes. It doesn't account for the more than $6 billion in funds that the states would need for effective distribution:

Currently there is about $600 million left in the relief funds.

kcbob79clone

That all is best-case scenario, yes. It doesn't account for the more than $6 billion in funds that the states would need for effective distribution:

Currently there is about $600 million left in the relief funds.

I had previously only seen the list of companies but never seen a comprehensive discussion of their vaccine and the status.

I'm fairly confident that whenever a vaccine or vaccine(s) are approved that money for distribution will be allocated. The big question now is when.

• Informative

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I had previously only seen the list of companies but never seen a comprehensive discussion of their vaccine and the status.

I'm fairly confident that whenever a vaccine or vaccine(s) are approved that money for distribution will be allocated. The big question now is when.

Space Force, an entire space-based defense initiative, is only allocated $2 billion for the first five years (LINK). I am certain that we will allocate (print) more money, but the availability of the drug, the availability of funds, the availability of resources, and a triage of who receives the vaccine in which tier are much more pressing issues.

The WHO believes mid-2021, as mentioned previously, on a large scale. 400 million vaccines is .053% of the world's population.

• Dumb
Reactions: mynameisjonas

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Space Force, an entire space-based defense initiative, is only allocated $2 billion for the first five years (LINK). I am certain that we will allocate (print) more money, but the availability of the drug, the availability of funds, the availability of resources, and a triage of who receives the vaccine in which tier are much more pressing issues.

The WHO believes mid-2021, as mentioned previously, on a large scale. 400 million vaccines is .053% of the world's population.

Bolded is pretty key in this.

I'm not sure if people understand or acknowledge that for things to REALLY get back to normal, it has to be contained globally, and for it to be contained globally, that means not making everything into some sort of arms race...which won't happen unfortunately.

• Winner
Reactions: Angie

kcbob79clone

I remember a discussion in one of the Covid threads that got caved of the possible connection between genetics and the susceptibility and reaction to Covid. NIH has studied that.

Wrong link, I'll find the original article and repost

• Informative

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Meat plant workers being denied workers' compensation for COVID:

You can't blame the work for her getting sick. They would never be able to prove where she caught Covid. There simply won't be any jobs left if you force every bad thing onto workers comp insurance.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

:mccaffery: Someone needs to check their math because that's not close. I imagine they didn't move the decimal point and slapped the % on the end. In other words off by a factor of 100.

Also, if it's that valuable then people will be clamoring for the thing and can easily afford their doses. I'll save them some money and let some poor sap take my dose.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
You can't blame the work for her getting sick. They would never be able to prove where she caught Covid. There simply won't be any jobs left if you force every bad thing onto workers comp insurance.

I don't know if you read the article:

"Before getting sick, the 78-year-old Sanchez only left home to work on the fabrication line, where cattle carcasses are sliced into cuts of beef, and to go to his church, with its five-person congregation, said his daughter, Betty Rangel. She said no one else got infected in the family or at Bible Missionary Church, which could not be reached for comment."

JBS, however, had one of the deadliest outbreaks in US plants, with over 285 employees affected and six died:

I think Occam's Razor would prove you wrong.

Reactions: simply1

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
:mccaffery: Someone needs to check their math because that's not close. I imagine they didn't move the decimal point and slapped the % on the end. In other words off by a factor of 100.

OK, the link is wrong with the decimal place. (400,000,000 / 7,500,000,000 = .0533333~, so the math itself isn't). Is your position that 5.3% of the world's population is somehow a large step forward?

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Bolded is pretty key in this.

I'm not sure if people understand or acknowledge that for things to REALLY get back to normal, it has to be contained globally, and for it to be contained globally, that means not making everything into some sort of arms race...which won't happen unfortunately.
So, does this mean we will never get back to the pre-Covid "normal" ever again? I'm not trying to be a jerk with that comment. I'm just trying to understand what my expectations should be.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So, does this mean we will never get back to the pre-Covid "normal" ever again? I'm not trying to be a jerk with that comment. I'm just trying to understand what my expectations should be.

That's a good question and I have no idea.

But if say, just us here in the U.S. get things contained, the 'normal' of traveling via plane internationally still can't operate normally.

I don't see how the big events like Olympics, huge music festivals, etc. operate how they did prior to Covid.

I'm not sure what else it takes for those types of things without it being globally contained or if it fades or weakens at some point.

I'd assume someone (not you) will retort with 'well they keep X and Y virus from spreading from here and there' but even prior to Covid there was always screening at my Dr. checking if I had traveled to certain areas of the world recently as precaution for possible testing.

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
the clinic i do financials for looked into these and the ones they were looking to buy took 15 minutes to sweep a regular sized patient room. which was prohibitive for them. but it looks like this one might only take 7 minutes.

This is not a great solution for surfaces that are not being exposed to the UV Light. There are better liquid solutions on the market that allow you to fog an entire room, then in 10 minutes it can be occupied. Also, electrostatic sprayer would work better if the chemical is correct since it will cover the entire surface. Unfortunately, most of the common old chemistry requires everything to be wiped/rinsed back off and most do not do it.

Lots of fraud and snake oil going on in the Covid-19 fight from UV lights to old chemistry like Quaternary Ammonium (Quats) and/or hydrogen peroxide creating very toxic mixes and build up. Example, if your cleaning company or you are using a concentrated Quats mix that you mix with water, nearly all if not all are caustic, deteriorate hard surfaces and required to made daily per most labels, which isn’t in a lot of cases. Ever sat in a restaurant and the chairs or table was sticky? That's not pop residue, that’s Quats deteriorating the surface and your skin is also absorbing it. Also, most people that apply it, don’t realize that you have to leave it on the surface per the label (likely 3-10 minutes depending on the recipe/various chemicals), then go back and completely rinse it all back off.

Your client would be better served using more cutting-edge chemistry solutions in the market place. In this case, the best ones have no chemical cloth binding, require no rinsing, can fog are room, and the efficacy is not changed by even electrostatic sprayers. Also, they don't degrade hard surfaces and don't dry as a toxin. Similar solutions are available for treating air duct systems.

Right now, all these cheap old commodity chemistries are building up, deteriorating surfaces and are not good for humans and in many cases not effective. If you see a surfaces deteriorating like a door handle, light switch, paint being removed from disinfecting, stainless steel rusting, plastic.....the staff is probably using Quats. Pine-Sol and Lysol are two consumer brands that are Quats, BTW. Some of the products say they kill covid-19 on a surface for up to 90 days…which is also false.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Here's the link on genetics and how your genetics may impact how severe a reaction to Covid we had. We discussed in a previous thread that was sent to the cave.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/new...ogic-underpinnings-some-cases-severe-covid-19

Sorry for the wrong link previously.

kcbob79clone

Collaboration between Serum Institute and Gates Foundation adds 100 million doses for low and middle income countries to the number reported earlier in the week.

• Informative

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Collaboration between Serum Institute and Gates Foundation adds 100 million doses for low and middle income countries to the number reported earlier in the week.

So 6.67% of the population now.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron