Mediacom Question

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Does anybody know if there is a way to password protect or block the youtube app on these new mediacom tivo boxes? I'm trying to keep my kids from watching crap on there they shouldn't be when I'm not around.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Just to beat everybody else to the punch, Mediacom sucks.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Just put the fear of God into the kids. Get an old TV, set it up to play something they shouldn't be watching, catch them watching it and walk in with an axe and destroy the TV.

Boom, kids who listen.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
or just tell them that all the Youtube stuff they watch shows up on the bill and you will read it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Just put the fear of God into the kids. Get an old TV, set it up to play something they shouldn't be watching, catch them watching it and walk in with an axe and destroy the TV.

Boom, kids who listen.

I actually had a similar situation happen to a buddy... When he told me I made the 2011 weeden face

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
If your kids want to see something, they are probably going to find ways to see it.

Mediacom always sucked in Ames. Does it suck in Des Moines? I have centurylink but can only get 40 mbps - Mediacom offers 100 mbps. Any reason I shouldn't switch? Internet only.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
If your kids want to see something, they are probably going to find ways to see it.

Mediacom always sucked in Ames. Does it suck in Des Moines? I have centurylink but can only get 40 mbps - Mediacom offers 100 mbps. Any reason I shouldn't switch? Internet only.

Mediacom sucks everywhere

Have never heard anything positibe about CL either. Depends what you do but you might not even need more than 25 mbps. Unless you're downloading large video game or movie (legally :jimlad:) files, then 40 should be fine if you're looking to cut costs.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
Mediacom makes me want to punch kittens and puppies. Just the worst company in the world. The entire world.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
M is for miserable
E is for evil
D is for deficient
I is for inferior
A is for amateur hour
C is for crummy
O is for outright sucktastic
M is for my worst nightmare

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Very happy with my Mediacom products (Net and TV). Support has been good, I PM their twitter with questions.

I wouldn't switch to IMon, Qwest or even SouthSlope if I had the opportunity. Okay I would look at SS, just because of their speed.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
So basically to sum this up nobody knows if there is a way to do what I'm asking but mediacom sucks. I'm not a huge fan but they are my only option for internet and the amount of suck compared to the cost of Directv (which I had) plus mediacom internet isn't worth it. I had century link DSL with the directv and never got over 1mb/s and that's when it was working. They told me that's the best I could get because of the infrastructure between my house and there server wouldn't support anything better.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
So basically to sum this up nobody knows if there is a way to do what I'm asking but mediacom sucks. I'm not a huge fan but they are my only option for internet and the amount of suck compared to the cost of Directv (which I had) plus mediacom internet isn't worth it. I had century link DSL with the directv and never got over 1mb/s and that's when it was working. They told me that's the best I could get because of the infrastructure between my house and there server wouldn't support anything better.

can you block this at the router level for all YouTube from that device?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

In the case of doing 40mb vs. 100mb, do whatever is cheaper. There is no conceivable situation where the normal person needs 100mb speeds. There's rarely a server on the planet that will actually serve you that real speed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron